Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
47 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 46

BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 316 317 318 (319) 320 321 322 ... 499 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2018/3/18 7:11
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2018/3/20 8:33
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Looks like the '54 has power steering and window washers on it. Probably power brakes too.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 10:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Don't know about the engine on the '54 convertible, the air filter is not for the 359 engine, looks like a 327 filter. The absence of the original aluminum cylinder head for a 359 isn't conclusive either way.

I suspect the missing chrome trim pieces on the rear fenders will be hard to locate.

Still, those things aside it's an interesting value.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 10:56
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Rick M
See User information
The photo looks like it has been digitally altered or enhanced with perhaps HDR software. The colors look fake as does the shine on the paint.

HDR is High Dynamic Range photography and it allows changing the color saturation, warmth of the color, contrast, and brightness in the most simple versions of the software. It can also be done on photos taken with a phone.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 11:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
HDR makes my faded dark red 1985 Mustang 5.0 look bright shiny red,

Posted on: 2018/3/20 12:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Shields
See User information
A look at the VN plate on the left side door jamb is needed to determine the model year on this one. The front grille is from 1953 although it has the 1954 headlamp bezels. As O_D mentions, it does look like a 327 engine and the air filter housing is wrong for a 359 engine. The side trim is incomplete for a '54 and it's also incorrect for a '53. The taillamps are from before 1954 and the backup lights are in the wrong location for 1953. The rear bumper looks like it came from a junior car, lacking the pieces that run atop the bumper that came with the senior cars. The price may be attractive but it looks like it was made up from a jumble of '54 and '53 components.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 21:32
Don Shields
1933 Eight Model 1002 Seven Passenger Sedan
1954 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Shields
See User information
A look at the VN plate on the left side door jamb is needed to determine the model year on this one. The front grille is from 1953 although it has the 1954 headlamp bezels. As O_D mentions, it does look like a 327 engine and the air filter housing is wrong for a 359 engine. The side trim is incomplete for a '54 and it's also incorrect for a '53. The taillamps are from before 1954 and the backup lights are in the wrong location for 1953. The rear bumper looks like it came from a junior car, lacking the pieces that run atop the bumper that came with the senior cars. The price may be attractive but it looks like it was made up from a jumble of '54 and '53 components.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 21:32
Don Shields
1933 Eight Model 1002 Seven Passenger Sedan
1954 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Good observations Don, especially in the bumper - I completely missed that. I do note a 54 senior instrument panel.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 21:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Senior 1953 and 1954 grills are the same, backup lights in proper place for 1954 but of the wrong style, rear bumper could be '53 or '54 but with the small bumperettes missing. VIN given was incomplete.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 22:10
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 316 317 318 (319) 320 321 322 ... 499 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved