Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 378 379 380 (381) 382 383 384 ... 498 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
They are too expensive to restore. Restomoding can be done for less and have a good performing but vintage looking vehicle when done. It is what it is.

Posted on: 2020/8/12 11:06
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
There are certainly degrees of purists out there, from the dyed-in-the-wool guys who insist on TOTAL originality, to those less rigid, who still want to keep cars as close to factory as is reasonable and feasible. I fall closer to the latter end of the scale but it sure does sadden me to see a car 'murdered' and resto-modded with a modern drive train and clip. I do GET the financial logistics of the cost and the subsequent end-worth, but it's still a shame to see these great timepieces disappear as the years roll on. As John says: 'it is what it is'. Hats off to any and all in our hobby who take the time and spend the money to preserve and caretake original cars, of any make, but especially Packards. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/8/13 0:25
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2020/8/16 16:07
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
A '48 Super Eight seven passenger sedan, offered for a long time, a worthwhile project:
https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/d/new-britain-1948-packard-2277-limousine/7178396189.html

A '53 Clipper Deluxe, 95K miles, manual shift, power brakes:
https://ottumwa.craigslist.org/cto/d/blakesburg-1953-packard/7178775549.html

A '55 400, ready to enjoy:
https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/hilliard-55-packard-400/7178409746.html

Steve

Added 8-21-2020
A '53 Clipper Special, manual shift, overdrive relay visible in photos. Good daily driver, needs fender barbed spears:
https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/albuquerque-1953-packard-clipper/7181141375.html

Posted on: 2020/8/17 15:53
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Nice 400. And that '53 Clipper has an interesting color. Not bad...

Posted on: 2020/8/17 20:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidPackard
See User information
It's hard to tell from a photograph, but there was a stock '53 color that appears very much the same hue. That would be Orchard Green (color scheme 'O'). In '54 there was another 'light green', known as Bellevue Green (color scheme 'N') that had a bit of blue in the formula. The internet photograph doesn't appear to have enough, if any, blue, so I'll go with Orchard Green. Both were paired with Galahad Green (color scheme 'K') for the two toned cars. Of course the color could have been locally mixed to please the owner, and is close, but is not an exact match to the Packard color.

Posted on: 2020/8/17 21:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
I like the '55 400 too, Kevin. Unless I'm missing something, there is no price listed - realistically, what's it worth??? (ballpark) Chris.

Posted on: 2020/8/17 23:36
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Quote:

58L8134 wrote:

This 1928 Packard Six coupe is about triple overpriced for a project, he will be lucky if anyone offers $4K-$5K for the car.

Steve

Well, I paid quadruple for my first project what it was worth, so I'd be improving!

Hope you're right, and there are some decent projects available in a few years. I've really grown fond of the 6th-9th series cars. I love the flowing lines of the non-pontoon fenders, and the shift away from drum headlights is also pretty pleasing.

I'll probably try to find a coupe - I think they look excellent, and you see them less than the rag tops. Something to think about!

Posted on: 2020/8/18 12:48
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Duncan Michael
See User information

Posted on: 2020/8/24 14:11
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2020/8/25 8:26
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 378 379 380 (381) 382 383 384 ... 498 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved