Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
126 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 125

29- 640 Club Sedan, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 »

Re: What would you have if you didn't have a Packard?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Like Owen, I would be leaning toward Hudson. The ultimate Art Deco Terraplane.
Of course, any car with a Graber body would be nice....
Mark

Attach file:

jpg  (165.55 KB)
4217_52b2884eaf73e.jpg 1280X853 px

Posted on: 2013/12/19 0:46
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Phil53
See User information
I think I'd always have to have at least one Packard. But if I could afford it, I'd love to have a Tesla S.

Posted on: 2013/12/20 21:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim in Boone
See User information
A couple that would interest me would be a Hudson pickup from 46/47, I don't remember seeing many of those even back at that time.

Another would be a Singer roadster, I think the one I once had was a 1953 4ADT, car is long gone, but I still have the girl. A tale of my adventures with the Singer, written about ten years ago can be found at this link:
http://www.hiddenvalleymotel.com/media/redroadster.pdf

Jim

Attach file:

jpg  (26.92 KB)
4384_52b578971fe56.jpg 510X514 px

Posted on: 2013/12/21 6:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Another choice from the Classic era that would be superb if you like the styling would be a KB Lincoln - mechanically about as refined and elegant as the best of the rest. That big V12 with the elegance of the fork-and-blade connecting rods is as good as they came. 1933 KB by Brunn pictured, photo by Rodda. Sorry for the moire.

Attach file:

jpg  (169.03 KB)
177_52b5af484f27d.jpg 985X794 px

Posted on: 2013/12/21 9:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Right you are, Dave! The KB Lincoln is the epitome of the Classic Lincoln. With the patronage of Edsel Ford had the most wonderful variety of series custom bodies short of the concurrent Duesenberg J and Stutz. While the 448 ci KB Twelve only lasted two years, the styling of '31-'34 Lincolns are their most attractive.

Reading through the many responses, the main thing that strikes me is the great variety of choices and interests of the Forum participants. One finds very narrow interest expressed by so many of those hooked on the popular collector car choices. It's refreshing to be part of a group who knows of and enjoys the pantheon of collector cars available.

Steve

Posted on: 2013/12/21 10:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
I would like a 67 Austin Healey 3000 MKIII and a 4.2 XKE Series One. Also had a bad yen for the 68-69 Z-28s.

Posted on: 2013/12/21 12:31
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
found a picture of a 34 v12 with some strange headlights. Anybody familiar with them?

Attach file:

jpg  (32.84 KB)
5061_52b5d0ef7aa91.jpg 560X339 px

Posted on: 2013/12/21 12:33
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi BDC

Those are those bizarre late '20's Woodlights, popular on Ruxtons and L-29 Cords, more for their appearance than for their illumination capabilities. The beam was supposed to be concentrated by that shape but they turn out to have been pretty lousy headlights. They're not an improvement either functionally or aesthetically on the elegant V-len factory units which have to be just about the best Classic Era headlight design.

Steve

Posted on: 2013/12/21 13:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I agree with Steve, though it's a matter of individual taste I think Woodlites look gaudy and are also very ineffectual.

Here's a well-known 7-45 by Waterhouse taken at the 1993 National in Asheville NC with both Woodlites and the even less-common front bumper with bumper-end lights which was a legitimate Packard accessory for a few years. Whether you like the lights or not, a pretty stunning car. When this car was shown at Brookline in 1957 it had the bumper bar lights but conventional headlights.

The other illustration is from the inside front cover of the 1929 Packard Accessory Catalog which shows the bumper bar end lights on a very-well accessorized phaeton.

Attach file:

jpg  (74.90 KB)
177_52b5e536342fb.jpg 987X697 px

jpg  (164.89 KB)
177_52b5e6f185caf.jpg 869X1280 px

Posted on: 2013/12/21 14:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
And it looks like that they took the regular headlights and made spot lights out them.

The square bumperlight is giving it a modern look.

Posted on: 2013/12/21 14:17
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved