Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 140

humanpotatohybrid, Out Islander, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 35 »

Re: packards in tv and movies
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
One to add to the list. Back in the early 70's there was a tv series starring George Peppard called Banacek running from 1972 to 1974. In the series he plays a detective owning several cars one of which is a late 30's Packard.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/10/28 20:17
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
"One to add to the list. Back in the early 70's there was a tv series starring George Peppard called Banacek running from 1972 to 1974. In the series he plays a detective owning several cars one of which is a late 30's Packard.
John F. Shireman"

It's on the list............

Posted on: 2008/10/29 13:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I thought the Banacek series primarily used two Darrins, one legit (the one that left a trail of blue smoke) and the other a mockup over a modern chassis.

Posted on: 2008/10/29 15:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
AL: To busy doing research and reading on the history of Mercedes-Benz at this time. Didn't bother reading the list as it is of little interest to me right now.

Made the posting on the spur of the moment.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/10/29 16:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
I was watching an old movie tonight which had two Packard's in it.

The Reporter 1939 Nancy Drew Mystery staring Bontia Granville. The first Packard was 1929 Packard four door with sunvisor. The second was a 1932 to 1934 Packard convertible.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/10/31 20:58
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Fred
See User information
Just watched 'An Affair to Remember' and what did I spot? Yup, there is a Packard in one scene. When Deborah Kerr and Richard Denning are riding in the taxi upon her return to NYC they are being followed by a 51-54 Packard. Couldn't tell what year, as I wasn't really watching all that closely until that moment.

Posted on: 2008/11/8 23:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
A couple of days ago Turner Classic Movies had the John Garfield movie, Body and Soul. Mid thirties roadster in several scenes in the first fifteen minutes. This movie is available on dvd. Recommended not only for the Packard, but it has great music, boxing, and Garfield.

Posted on: 2008/11/9 0:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
While watching "Hollywoodland" today on Cinemax (free on DirecTV June 18-20), at 1hr11min in during the funeral scene, a 55 Packard Caribbean convertible (white on top with blue stripe and dark gray below) was prominent in the background.

"Hollywoodland" is a movie starring Ben Afleck about the life and death of George Reeves of Superman-TV fame. It's a pretty good movie and since the time era is late 1940s thru 1959, there are many good period cars in the sets, but that is the only Packard I saw. There are some Studebakers and Hudsons and of course the obligatory Fords and Chevies.

Posted on: 2009/6/18 17:10
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roger L. Hosmer
See User information
The 1952 RKO Picture "Sudden Fear" (starring Joan Crawford and Jack Palance) featured two '52 Packards. Twoard the end of the picture, a 250 convertible crashed, and a headlight was missing from the passenger side.

Posted on: 2009/6/18 17:25
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roger L. Hosmer
See User information
1946 FILM," Tomorrow is Forever", International Pictures (Starring Cllaudette Colbert and Orson Welles) featured several 1941-42 Senior Packards.

Posted on: 2009/6/18 18:46
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 35 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved