Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 114

Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: fender mounted rear view mirrors
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You're quite welcome for the template. When I bought my 56 Carib convertible it had dual RVs on the fenders and I thought them gaudy, and not very practical. I'm not much for loading a car with geegaws so I just went with a single, driver's side mirror on the door. Mirror was Jay Fisher's stainless repro, not cheap.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 11:02
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dave,

The "Blythin" Carib that we were discussing earlier was delivered with the door mounted mirrors according to the family, but not sure if that showed up on the options/build sheet. (Photos are coming from the family)

On a side note, I am amazed how quickly we were able to trace the history down like that. Bob wasn't aware that his father was head Counsel for PMCC, or on the board, just that he did legal work for Packard. He was a very young boy during that time period and his father moved on to other things shortly after.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 20:50
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Kevin, if you hadn't said in your email "originally ordered for export to France and cancelled" I have to wonder if we would have put all the pieces together?

Posted on: 2010/2/18 21:25
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
I don't know the originating source of these figures but they have been used for years without much question as far as I know.

I think this is worth sharing some more knowledge on a thread of its own... sorry for getting this thread sidetracked.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 21:29
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Quote:

Craig wrote:
55PackardGuy wrote Quote:
Quote:
PackardV8 wrote:
Kevin writes: "I'll just try talking myself out of the ticket if I ever get stopped on the roadway."

Can u give us some education on how to do that???

I need a good excuse for tossing empties out the window.
Also need good excuse for running 10-15 mph over the Interstate speed limit.

Sure,

Stay in the car, get out your wallet, roll down the window (snip) Have a nice traffic stop!

What you don't understand about Keith's sarcastic questions is that KevinAZ IS A COP and Keith knows this.

ROTFLMAO!

Craig

If that's the case, then I'd certainly like to have KevinAZ's feedback on my protocol!

Posted on: 2010/2/21 22:19
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Warren Jones
See User information
Guys,

Just reading with interest this thread on outside rear vision mirrors. Going by the discussion, the mirror that was on my 56 400 is not OEM (photo's attached), however would be interested to know if anyone had similar mirror on their car or could identify what this mirror is off. If anyone could advise what the likleyhood of obtaining a correct mirror for this car would be I'd appreciate the feedback also.

Warren Jones

Attach file:

jpg  (108.57 KB)
940_4ce0b2a7c733a.jpg 1152X864 px

jpg  (94.46 KB)
940_4ce0b2c961ae7.jpg 1152X864 px

Posted on: 2010/11/14 20:41
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved