Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
95 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 422 423 424 (425) 426 427 428 ... 498 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Fred says no . . . .

Posted on: 2022/2/2 19:44
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Here is one for Fred to consider:

From Facebook, not mine -- 1941 Clipper 8-cyl, $1200 in Ohio. Link: 1941 Clipper

Attach file:

jpg  Ohio Clipper.jpg (132.47 KB)
192056_61fbd5730b7a7.jpg 960X720 px

Posted on: 2022/2/3 8:15
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2022/2/3 16:30
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Quote:

r1lark wrote:
The top on that '35 120 looks kinda wonky........at least to me.

There is much more going on than just that. The doors dont have windows in them, I think they tried to go for a roadster look.

Posted on: 2022/2/3 16:53

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Quote:

r1lark wrote:
Here is one for Fred to consider:

From Facebook, not mine -- 1941 Clipper 8-cyl, $1200 in Ohio. Link: 1941 Clipper

Fred needs two good long front fenders and is willing to go another car to get them. There's enough cancer on that car to wager confidently that there's some damage on the fenders, too. And we already have a set of those.

Posted on: 2022/2/3 19:27
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
This must be the lowest original miles for any Packard out there. Single color Patrician.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1956-packard-patrician-2/

Posted on: 2022/2/4 22:19

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Amazing to see that post, BDC. Truly a museum-worthy piece!

Posted on: 2022/2/5 15:43
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Doubt it is super low mileage. The front seat is dirty and has a frayed spot. The engine compartment is a mess and the splash shields are weathered. If it looks bad in pictures or on TV it's really bad.

A genuine super low mileage 56 went through Barrett-Jackson a while back and it was spectacular. It looked like it had never been driven.

Posted on: 2022/2/5 18:38
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
It doesn't say it only has 4,600 miles on it, but "The five-digit odometer shows 4,600 miles". The whole car reeks of many more miles than what one is led to believe. More like 104,600

Deceptive to say the least.

Posted on: 2022/2/5 19:26
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Fair point, most of the car does seem to be in pretty good shape, though it is a bit odd that the radio, clock, etc. don't work. To be honest mine don't work either ('55 Clipper) but it's in a lot rougher shape overall.

Something interesting is on image 28, the driver's door armrest looks to be in worse shape than the armrest on daily driver, a Chevy Traverse with 160k miles.

But then on image 91 it reads 3821 miles in October '76, then image 30 says only 26 more miles in May '78. And IMHO the pedals and driver's floor mat shown in image 51 don't look like 100k miles of wear.

Another place specifically on Packards with this dash is that the area around under the starter will get worn from people's keychains hanging around, which this one doesn't (image 46). Not necessarily the best metric as some people use a separate car keychain, but it's something I look at.

To me it would seem to be a low mileage car. The other thing I would check, but not clear in the photos, is the amount of wear on the body-side door latches. IDK about '56 but for the '55 year they will always show an extreme amount of wear by 100k.

To me the engine compartment doesn't look bad for almost 70 years old and splash shields look normal. We may have to agree to disagree.

Posted on: 2022/2/5 21:16
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 422 423 424 (425) 426 427 428 ... 498 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved