Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
100 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 99

29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

Re: Seeking My Clipper's History
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Well, the gentleman in San Angelo did get back to me; unfortunately, it wasn't the news I was hoping for. He did live in Albuquerque, but not in 1962. He also wrote that for a while, he made money buying and selling derelict cars to junk yards and one of those was a Packard that he said he owned for one day. He didn't remember a lot about that car, but it must have been a 1955 or 1956 because he clearly remembered its self-leveling, torsion suspension.

Unless something amazing happens, I think this is the end of the line. I have appreciated all of your input and thank you all.

Posted on: 2013/3/3 21:02
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
I just read this thread in it's entirety ! Great story and awesome tips on researching these elegant autos....
I am trying to generate funds to purchase a 55 Custom Clipper Constellation as I write this. From some of the info I read in this thread, I know it's production sequence, where to look for a build sheet. What excites me is, the car I am hoping to buy is an original 55 CCC, 80k on the odometer (to be verified), all electrics work, interior, including the carpet are all original....that helps in finding the build sheets and other document treasures......Now just to get my hands on it. My plan is to start a project blog and research the history as well.....Keep your fingers crossed that I can make this happen and save this car and "restore" it's glory....

Posted on: 2017/5/30 18:30
It is what it is....
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Just a humble suggestion...but sometimes a phone call cuts through the mounds of paper work and gives a better result. If you speak to a government worker and they are interested in your quest...they might be more interested in helping.

I found one prior owner's name on the paperwork that came with our 1949 and then I looked on the web site for their local newspaper and found a news article regarding his birthday that had his address and phone number. I called him up and he told me that he sold the car because his doctor told him that he was going to die due to heart trouble...then he did not die...but he could not find the information regarding who he had purchased his/our Packard from.

You never know what you are going to find. I also researched our 1931 Model A Ford and spoke to a prior owner about three owners back...his only comment was 'Does it still have a heavy clutch?

These old machines and their histories are great fun...Ernie

Posted on: 2017/6/11 11:26
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim in Boone
See User information
I would wonder just how much any of us would remember about a vehicle we owned years ago. While I owned several Packards as a young person too many years have passed to identify the VN numbers that would have belonged to those vehicles. That said how would my memories be of use to anyone at this late date?

Posted on: 2017/6/11 11:51
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved