Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
135 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 132

Don Shields, Don B, CCR, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 25 »

Re: Engine Bay detailing on a '56 dual carb car
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I never had any trouble checking the fluid on my '56 Patrician...

Posted on: 2010/11/3 18:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wallis
See User information
Quote:

Custom8coupe wrote:
If memory serves (and it frequently doesn't), there is in New Jersey a '56 Executive Hardtop with 374" engine, 2 4bbl Rochesters and stick-overdrive, Dover White and Norwiegen Green, which was ordered from PMCC and delivered with the above equipment, as described. There was considerable supporting paperwork, including correspondence from the factory that details the equipment. The car, and its unusual equipment, was the subject of a couple of articles in the hobby press. It was a very low mileage original, as the first owner died shortly after taking delivery.

Steve Williams in Napa Ca had a 55 or 56 Carib with 3 speed and O/D. He said the documentation showed that it was shipped with Ultramatic to the Earl C. Anthony dealership in SF and converted there with all new parts before being delivered to the original owner.

I tend to think the OP's 400 was either a dealer or prior owner conversion, as were many 56 Golden Hawk dual quad cars.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 18:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
though getting unbent is becoming one!
I can drop down and crawl underneath the car easily. Getting back up is a different matter.
With the AC blower in the way, checking brake fluid is a real PITA.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 22:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Wendall Spreadbury has sold remote fill master cylinder fluid containers at the Packard Meet in Salado. There are two types, one for power brakes and one for non-power. His contact information is 7437 East State Highway 21, Nacogdoces, TX 78223, spreadbury@sudenlink.net

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/11/4 9:53
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Victor
See User information
Thanks for the tip on getting the remote fill master cylinder containers.

Another question: Is there supposed to be an underhood 'blanket' of isolating material? My car has one, made of what appears to be fiberglass and then a black plastic material, stiched all around, and with three lines of stitches going vertically from side to side. It doesn't look too profesional. Is this correct? Or what should it have under the hood?

Attach file:

jpg  (157.95 KB)
1141_4cd2d13b356e9.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (172.95 KB)
1141_4cd2d150ebbb5.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2010/11/4 10:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There should be a hood insulator and the only one I've seen that is making a pretty close approximation for the 56 is Dwight Heinmullerhttp://packardparts.org/parts.htm There is a picture and description of his on the first page under "More Parts"

Posted on: 2010/11/4 10:42
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Was the remote fill also an available option on the '54 models? I would like to have one for my '54 manual brake car, as the frame mounted master cylinder is pretty inconvenient to reach.

Posted on: 2010/11/4 11:24
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
On the hood insulators, I think Gary Osko has a source for the yellow/tan colored ones (54 and prior I believe?). If anyone is interested I can find out more.

Posted on: 2010/11/4 11:26
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't see the accessory brake fill listed prior to 55 but if the fellow JW mentions has one for manual brakes, then it might be worth an email. I don't know if the cylinders are enough alike for the caps to fit but if it does, then am sure a Packard dealer would have sold you one for your 54 had you asked him for it when they were introduced. I would be curious as to the prices on the kits.

Posted on: 2010/11/4 11:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Victor
See User information
Thanks for the info. Based on Dwight's pic and description, what I have is apparently original. Glad to know he is making a repro.

Posted on: 2010/11/4 11:47
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 25 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved