Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
45 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 43

Todd W. White, Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

Re: "Waking Sleeping Beauty" .... The Blog!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Quote:

randy berger wrote:
Most of the "reliable sources" get their kits from Daytona.
Nuff said.

Yes, thank you Randy for your help in this as well. I'm sorry to have inadvertently left your name out of the "credits" in my prior installment.

And yes, Nuff said. I'm ordering kit number 1218 (I believe) in the morning.

Thanks once again to everyone for their help and encouragement.

Posted on: 2012/8/20 23:29
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Around here there are unmistakable signs that Summer's days are waning so time to get the heater core issue resolved in the '55. With hope in my heart, I took my spare core to City Radiator here in Portland for testing. I've done business with them before and they are great as well as reasonable. Naturally, my hopes were dashed. My spare core would make an interesting Lawn Sprinkler but isn't much good as a heater core. Time to take the one in the car out - I mean it has to come out anyway - and see if it's any better. I did get a quote of $100 to re-core the core if he can find an example in his catalogue that he can work with. If he has to custom build it the price will double. Here's hoping I get lucking with the one in the car.

Posted on: 2012/8/28 19:12
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Not sure which heater core you're speaking of, the cowl or the underseat. But when my 56 Carib core (the cowl heater) was declared toast, my local radiator shop sourced a stock replacement core that was about 3/8" thicker but otherwise identical to the OEM core at a very reasonable price. It was a bit snug getting it back into the box, but it did fit.

Posted on: 2012/8/29 8:59
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved