Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
49 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 45

Joe, David Timberlake, BigKev, flopperwatcher, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

engine rebuild
Just popping in
Just popping in

oldcarguygazok
See User information
Hi guys,i'm contemplating a full rebiuld on the 6cyl in my 37 coupe,i'd like to know if all the parts,pistons/rings etc are available,my car arrived here about 3weeks ago and i'm happy as,the drivers here in OZ are outrageous,with a constant stream of migrants,they all have international licences and create havoc with no more road sense than a lost dog,sorry for the rant BUT for this reason i'd like to update to a better braking system,maybe even a disc brake conversion,this forum is a godsend and i appreciate any advice given,thanks.

Posted on: 2012/10/21 15:00
 Top  Print   

Re: engine rebuild
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I think most will agree with me that there's no such thing as a "univeral" car that's good for every possible situation. I suggest you fix your Packard for collector car-driving only. If you want something to mingle with and compete with modern high speed drivers and driving conditions, starting with a 75 year old car, regardless of what you are thinking about doing to it, isn't a particularly good idea. Keep your Packard for hobby-type driving within it's reasonable limits and use something else for the situations you describe.

Posted on: 2012/10/21 17:40
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

oldcarguygazok
See User information
Back in 1937 there wasn't as many cars on the road either,,i think safety on the road is more important than appearances which would not be noticable anyway,TMO.

Posted on: 2012/10/21 18:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
If you are interested Kanter Auto Products does carry a disc brake conversion for your model of Packard. The kit we supply is know as an at the wheels kits for $749.00

It consist of the following:

(2) Rotors
(2) Single Piston Caliper
(1) Set of Pads
(2) Caliper Mounting Bracket
(2) Brake hoses
Wheel Bearings, Seals and Hardware.

We also carry engine rebuild kits for your engine ranging from a basic kit to a deluxe.

Thanks
James From
Kanter Auto Products

Posted on: 2012/10/23 12:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
When driving my 115C I avoid freeways, interstate highways, and other roads that have high speed limits and busy traffic. The car is simply not equipped to keep up with modern day traffic. The brakes, steering, differential gearing, and engine are all designed for a different kind of driving. I like to drive on lightly traveled 2-lane roads where I can drive the 50 or 55 m.p.h. speed limit. This is most comfortable for me and the Packard. I suppose with a higher geared rear end, one could cruise 10 m.p.h. faster, but the risks are way too high for me. Keep it as it was designed to be driven and enjoy the ride. Plus, you will have more money in the bank.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/10/23 14:14
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

oldcarguygazok
See User information
Thanks James, appreciate your response,i will look into for sure and get back to you. Gaz!

JW ,i understand exactly what your saying,unfortunately i'm surrounded by freeways and hiways,i'm not a go fast driver and have total respect for my cars,i live 10min from the Bigsmoke so getting away from it all is like having a holiday,thank God for better roads,i thankyou for your time JW, Gaz!

Posted on: 2012/10/23 16:26
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved