Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
172 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 169

Sankie61, dallas, Stewart Ballard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Rebuilt carburetor with major hesitation on acceleration form stop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill Butterworth
See User information
From Soquel California
Rebuilt Stromberg AAV-26 model 40-10D 1940 356 engine.
Thanks for the info on spacer block, found one and replaced. Completely cleaned and rebuilt carburetor with kit from Kanter. Runs much better know with the exception of major hesitation on acceleration from stop. Accelerator pump working well lots of gas, idle speed up so must be a problem with rebuild. Hard to tell which parts are correct as kit has pieces for many models, the one I have is a Stromberg AAV-26 40-10D. As carburetor worked poorly when I purchased recently may not have been properly rebuilt by previous owner. The problem appears to been in the accelerator pump or power pump section. Does anyone have know the correct rebuild parts for these?

Posted on: 2012/10/31 22:54
 Top  Print   

Re: Rebuilt carburetor with major hesitation on acceleration form stop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill Butterworth
See User information
Just to let everyone know, problem solved. Diaphragm in fuel pump was weak and was also sucking in air which was was keeping fuel level in the carburetor low. This resulted in low fuel volumn being pumped by accelerator pump.

Posted on: 2012/11/2 22:51
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved