Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
124 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

I need help rear axle 1955 clipper
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

AL HIZER
See User information
hello old freinds sorry have not been here in a wile but work has been crazy and i have been working on my packard but i have some questions what rearend is in a 1955 packard clipper i need to get a set of gears for it as far as a taller gear and can you tell me what gears was in it from the factory 2ND PART OF THIS POST i have a 5.2 engine and auto trans for sale runs and drives or will split up for parts as im putting a 502 BBC AND A 400 TURBO in its place sorry to all that is a true die hard packard guy/girl but im going a street rod with my clipper

Attach file:

gif  (555.76 KB)
4905_513f2eff04878.gif 1296X968 px

Posted on: 2013/3/11 16:08
AL
 Top  Print   

Re: I need help rear axle 1955 clipper
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

AL HIZER
See User information
please look and read my other in the street rod of why im changing my engine

Posted on: 2013/3/13 14:21
AL
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
It is a Packard.

https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/servicemanual5556/Sect15_RearAxle.pdf

https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/servicemanual5556/Sect21_Specifications.pdf

Check the parts books, but I think it was used on the 51-54 cars.

Is your car spring or TL suspension?

Posted on: 2013/3/13 15:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
That car probably has a 3.23. The only thing taller that Packard offered was a 3.07 on the Deluxe with Ultra--and I have never seen one yet.

I'm not sure what you are after. With a 502 engine you aren't worried about gas mileage are you? Your bigger worry is twisting off those axle shafts. You would probably be better off putting a Ford axle under it.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 15:16
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

AL HIZER
See User information
mine is not a tl it looked to be a beefy rear axle thats why i was thinking it might hold up but i have not pulled the axle's out to see how thick they are but if they are on the wimpy side your right i might just be changing the rear end out and gas lol if i run out i have 6 boys that can push me around as i make car noise lol thank you

Posted on: 2013/3/13 15:29
AL
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved