Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 108

John Sauser, BlackBeerd, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packard show / meet in Michigan
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

AL HIZER
See User information
So will any one from this site be attending the show in Pontiac mi this summer ???????? As I hope to be driving up there in my packard and I type that crossing my fingers

Posted on: 2013/3/13 20:45
AL
 Top  Print 

Re: Packard show / meet in Michigan
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You might check this prior thread for info on that meet. I have sent in my registration and hotel reservation and am hoping for a good turnout including some members from this forum. One of the highlights I'm looking forward to is the visit to the Packard Proving Grounds. I'm also planning to duck out for a day and visit the Gilmore Museum at Hickory Corners.

Seehttp://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=118662&topic_id=11194&#forumpost118662

http://gilmorecarmuseum.org

Posted on: 2013/3/13 22:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
The folks in Detroit are going all out to make this one special. They are a great bunch and it should be nothing short of terrific!

Posted on: 2013/3/16 21:46
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
I LIVE near Pontiac, MI, so I have no excuse NOT to go...

But I have questions. I'm not a member of PAC. I don't presently own a Packard (though obviously, I'm an enthusiast).

I looked at another thread about the meet, hoping to find info on where Packards/owners might be gathered to be admired/photographed (the cars more than the owners.... )..

Am I correct that the only place to really do that is the Marriott in Pontiac? Or perhaps the gathering at the proving grounds?

Posted on: 2013/3/18 13:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Midan,

I would encourage you to join.

Go to The Packard Club website,http://www.packardclub.org click on the national meet button on the home page. Then click on agenda overview.

The judging day would also be a day to view and take pictures.

I would say definitely go.

Posted on: 2013/3/18 14:16
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
The hotel each evening and the judging site in Rochester will have access for the public to view the cars, no cost. If you want to participate in the meet you can go to the Packard Club website and download the meet application and sign up for any of the events listed there including the day at the Packard Proving Grounds crowded with Packards. You do not have to be a member to register for the meet.

Posted on: 2013/3/18 14:29
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Jim Boland
See User information
I'm new to this forum and the 1940 110 business coupe we purchased in June 2012 is our first Packard. We only live about 150 miles from Pontiac. I have heard that some Packard owners look down on 110s as only 3/4 of a Packard! This car is in as found condition.Would it be welcome at such a prestigious event ?(See pictures in Recent Photos on right side of screen).

Jim

Posted on: 2013/3/18 18:23
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Would it be welcome at such a prestigious event?

Absolutely.

Posted on: 2013/3/18 18:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Please register and attend the meet. I am on the host team putting on the show and can assure you of a hearty welcome.

Posted on: 2013/3/18 18:44
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Jim Boland
See User information
Thank you for the invitation ! We will try to arrange to be there. I have never been disappointed by American hospitality !

Jim

Posted on: 2013/3/19 15:48
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved