Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 133

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: V-8s -- reliable as a freakin' rock!
Home away from home
Home away from home

55clipper
See User information
Come to California and see what a cycle was built to do.
I do about 80 on the local freeway and these crazy bikers pass me like a rocket zooming between cars and cutting the auto off. We do lose a lot of them.

Posted on: 2013/4/12 14:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
My concern about speed is what happens in a crash. Packard didn't do any safety testing. The Packard frame was cited as being prone to decapitation injuries. The Packard stub frame directs the steering column toward the header bar in a high speed impact. While a seatbelt might prevent windshield impact, who knows what happens when the chest is flung forward towards the steering column.

I was talking to a friend last night and was told that someone who treated me very poorly (not an old car person) was recently impailed on the steering column of their car.
It's a wierd feeling.

Posted on: 2013/4/12 22:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
And the nicely tapered 55-6 Packard senior center steering wheel emblem certainly doesn't help the impalement situation. Nader would have had a field day with Packard. I believe that commonly shaped item was just one of the things he railed against.

Posted on: 2013/4/12 22:13
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
gotta say

my 56 400 is smooth at 80,

Posted on: 2013/4/12 22:39
Riki
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved