Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Delco 1110811 cap clip?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Things were going along great, and the little bottom tab, ~1/4 by 1/8, busted off the dist cap clip on one side. I bead blasted, painted, retensioned, and must've been too thin there. I'll try the usual suspect parts stores tomorrow, but is that clip even available? Everybody has caps, etc.
I know there are rebuilders so they might have spares/parts.
What others might fit or how to make? The 8N tractor (autolite) one I saw has a two hole bracket which is no go. I might be able to file the clip down. I guess, if push comes to shove, I can reverse the bracket and file off the sides to get a tab, heat and bend. It's too small to weld and on the floor somewhere. Any suggestions welcome...

Posted on: 2013/8/28 21:21
 Top  Print 

Re: Delco 1110811 cap clip?
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Same part for 1947-52 Packard 8 Cyl. with Delco distributor
Also used for many GM 8 Cyl. models from the 30's to 1950

Posted on: 2013/8/28 22:10
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Someone would have to be hoarding a cache of pre-50 distributor parts, those don't appear avail on-line unless someone knows a source?
The '50+ GM six clips look right and they are in-stock rebuilt, but I don't relish paying for a whole dist. to get one clip. Off to the stores. Thanks.

Posted on: 2013/8/29 7:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I don't know... but is this of any use?

Posted on: 2013/8/29 8:21
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Thanks, loads! I owe U, JD. Ordered shorties.
ps:I called Mallory, they make alot of similar dists. and found their clip set : kit#29318 @ Summit Racing but don't know if they fit, but look very adaptable and there on there way. Same bracketry. Clips can be shortened or bent.
NAPA is getting me in a early Ford "cap adapter" to look at today. May be able to use the clips off it. So I should be clip rich soon. Thanks again, clubbies.

Posted on: 2013/8/29 10:34
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved