Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
85 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 84

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: scuff plates '49 - 2 dr
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Update:
I found this guy and he's quoting $750 for a pair.
I'll pursue further.
If he gets enough interest he might come down a bit.
I'm still waiting on the drawings. What they sent wasn't the complete assembly, and the guy was at Hershey.
http://runningboardrubber.com/home.html

Posted on: 2013/10/17 10:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
joel ray sells the 4 door for 650 and the 2 door for 450 as i replaced the trim strips on my 2259 i used epoxy and they are on to stay so far. dell

Posted on: 2013/10/17 21:01

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Dell, enlighten me please. I get 95 million hits googling "Joel Ray". What's the contact info? Thanks 95 million. I don't have a "name" for the "source" just an email, could be the same gent or not.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 11:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Joel Ray. Patrician Industries in Dearborn. MI. packards1@aol.com
He also has an ebay store.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 13:03
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I had contacted that individual, per Kanter & Max. He doesn't have any and not sure if/when he'll make again. He said his "maker" was out of country or something. He quoted $450 just for the rubber. The other guy I posted includes new steel. I'll talk to him, Mon. So nothing decided. The PAC guy is supposed to look for the rest of the drawings.
I'm deep in brakes, and getting interior cloth rounded up, so the drawing delay has this on the back burner. Once I get body to the body shop, I can concentrate on these finish items.

Posted on: 2013/10/20 19:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
PAC guy sez he don't have the rest of the dwgs and to contact Studebaker museum, so I'm waiting on them now.
Is this the run around or what? I could have carved a set out of a block of rubber by now. Maybe my first choice(back up), buy some similar roll mat, was the best choice.
Guess I'll call the $750 guy now.

Posted on: 2013/10/21 10:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

D-train
See User information
I had spoken to Kris at www.runningboardrubber.com He was a nice guy. I have a 2271 seven pass. He was going to work with me to make the rear ones. I believe that he said that he had the front ones already made (or they were NOS) and the measurements that he gave me matched mine. (don't quote me on this tho).

Anyway, he said that he worked in the conveyor belt industry. So he uses that material as a base and cut the pieces to make the ribbing and block letters. He then glued them on and sprayed them with a something-urethene. He said that you couldn't tell that they were sprayed.

He wanted $850 for the pair. I hadn't followed up with him yet since I'm not to that point.

I am interested if anyone else uses him by springtime.

Mark

Posted on: 2013/10/21 14:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I talked to Kris today. He's made one pair of 4 dr plates in the past - has that pattern.
He's machining rubber to make the grooved mat, then laser cuts out the lettering from flat stock. He glues the letters on the mat then glues the assembled mat to 18 GA sheet metal. Coats the whole assembly in a flat black rubber compound(non-urethane) He called it "embalmed". He fastens the plate to the rocker panels with black sheet metal screws through the valley ribs. He's offered a discount if he makes more than one set. He tries to work during the winter to enjoy his summers, and is building a new shop which he hopes to have up in NOV.
So it'll look stock/good but won't necessarily pass a concours. You'll still have to figure out how to add the carpet holder SS trim piece. He will supply just the mat(coated) also. He said he'd apply the mat to my steel also, so he's flexible. He's booked six months out but said he can do a single job(4 sets) in a few days.
Procurement for this part isn't on the critical path, but sourcing is. So I'm waiting a few more weeks to see where this all leads me before I commit. Doing more research. If anyone wants in on 2dr sets, to get a better price, let me know. I believe there was one interest so far.

Posted on: 2013/10/21 18:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
I would also be interested in them if they are not over expensive

Posted on: 2013/10/24 20:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
After the PAC(Blevins) didn't have the rest of the assy drawings, he told me to contact Studebaker Museum. The archivist found them Fri. So I'll get them copied and pursue something to make a small batch.

Posted on: 2013/10/27 20:08
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved