Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
148 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 144

Out Islander, kevinpackard, wjames, 29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

How many weird parts have you found in your cars?
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
When you buy a sixty year old car (or older!!!) you should probably not be surprised to fin d that some parts were replaced with whatever fit...hopefully...

My big surprise was a substandard radiator core. Once I had the act air conditioned, it ran too hot. Finally figured it out 2hen the radiator split and the shop asked if I wanted to upgrade back to original specs. No one who looked before that caught it...

So what werenyour most "interesting" surprises?

Posted on: 2014/4/26 14:42
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Re: How many weird parts have you found in your cars?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ian McGee
See User information
This wasn't on a Packard, but I bought a 1979 Austin Mini which had two house light switches (like you'd find in your living room) duct-taped to either side the steering column and wired into the turn signals. Knowing the reputation of Lucas electrics, this didn't really surprise me.

The big surprise was that when I got round to fixing it I discovered the original turn-signal switch worked perfectly! It lasted the whole time I had the car.

Posted on: 2014/4/26 16:41
 Top  Print   

Re: How many weird parts have you found in your cars?
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I bought a 71 Torino and for some reason it was always odd the way you were sitting in the seats till we figured out that the passenger seat and driver seat were swapped.

Posted on: 2014/4/26 17:24
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved