Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: This was in my email today....
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
I have added a few lines in the back of the book that advocate belonging to a Packard club and using this site for the last word on the subject.

Our club thought the booklet would be useful to owners of cars so equipped.

I have seen the test copy of the brochure and I think you will be happy with it. It is readable; the pictures show well.

We will also be including a separate booklet on installation which Roscoe has provided.

It's being printed on cover stock which is a nice, stiff, heavy paper that won't wilt in use.

If you count the labor that has gone into restoring the scans, this will never be a moneymaker. Our hope is that it will be useful right now.

One reason we are not posting the images here is that they are way too big for this site. Getting good detail in scans means larger files!

These will be on sale at the national by POC.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 11:34
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

56executive
See User information
I did not realize I had not included pages 8 & 9. This booklet was in a box 6484489 56 Clipper/Executive application

Attach file:

jpg  (56.56 KB)
1052_5392064f39772.jpg 576X768 px

jpg  (51.08 KB)
1052_5392065f28cca.jpg 544X768 px

Posted on: 2014/6/6 13:20
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Thanks for providing the missing pieces of that puzzle.

The additional text actually pointed me back to something I had overlooked in my quick peek at the previous set of pages - a table of essential torque values for the respective Dana models.

Curious that this document was included witn a service assembly for a 56 Junior. I thought all 56s had the cone-type clutches. Now I'm wondering if a disc-type may have been some sort of unpublished, yet factory- or supplier-approved, retrofit for the 56s?

Posted on: 2014/6/7 15:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

56executive
See User information
This is the TT in my 56 Caribbean 5699-1089

Attach file:

jpg  (145.10 KB)
1052_539388b1592c2.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2014/6/7 16:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
That's the same type Power-Lok that was in 5699-1254. On mine the most obvious wear that necessitated me replacing it were the ramp surfaces, really battered.

Posted on: 2014/6/7 17:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
The image of the TT diff in 5699-1089 corresponds to the illustrations provided in SC Vol. 30, No. 4 - note the cast bosses for the bolts on the button half of the case. That suggests the car has the orginal cone-type clutch design.

Compare that to the corresponding part shown in the Dana document for the unit with disc-type clutch pack.

Production record for my Carib Hardtop shows that it was built with TT, but I've never had the cover off, and the car is in offsite storage. My dad's tired old Exec had TT (with never a problem), but parked in a remote field, the rear axle is inaccessible.

Posted on: 2014/6/7 21:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Talked to our tech director this evening who tells me that the trwo books do not cover the cone clutch version, which apparently predominates.

We are withdrawing the brochure, but will step forward with something more useful if we can get a cone clutch version..

I will be sending money back to those who pre purchased; stay tuned in case we get the brochure we need.

Posted on: 2014/6/7 21:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
The information for units with the disc-type clutch may still be good to keep on file for owners of Packardbakers, but - again - I doubt if it would sell well.

Posted on: 2014/6/7 21:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
We may make both available from us because the files are too large for this site.

At any event, making money really isn't the issue; making something useful is always a consideration. Clearing $50 isn't going to set any records.

Posted on: 2014/6/7 23:52
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The files are not too big for this website if converted into a PDF and put in the literature sections. Remember we have entire Parts Books and Shop Manuals here for download. It's just the forum that has a limitation to the file size that can be attached.

Posted on: 2014/6/9 14:52
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved