Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
166 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 165

53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

"Coach De Fleur"
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

pcyco13
See User information
O.K, I am the proud owner of a '48 22nd series Touring Sedan. Years ago, the previous owners got a '56 Executive but didn't use the '48 as a trade in. Instead they hacked off the rear part of the roof and removed the trunk lid down to the beltline. They used it to haul hay on a farm!
I have all the pieces, but said trunk lid and roof are rusted throught from being stored in a leaky shed for years.I have come to the conclusion that I need to reconstruct it into a "Packup" or(more to my liking) a "Coach De Fleur" or Flower Car.
Any suggestions, wisdom, sarcastic advice or help achieving this goal will be MUCH APPRECIATED!
Please discuss!

years ago

Posted on: 2015/2/3 6:28
 Top  Print 

Re: "Coach De Fleur"
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I'd suggest looking at the lines of the station sedan and Henney hearse for ideas on handling the beltline

Posted on: 2015/2/3 12:11
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
In addition to what has been posted, how about a depot hack?

Or

Have you looked at this,
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6086&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=40

How about some pictures of your car?

Posted on: 2015/2/3 12:38
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
that Ross would be, at least, a great reference point for what you're contemplating. Met Ross while at Hershey in 2012, see pic's. Although haven't seen Ross posting for a while, so probably away at present.

Attach file:

jpg  (34.71 KB)
226_54d12eaa2009f.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (37.38 KB)
226_54d12eb7c6079.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2015/2/3 15:26
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is also a decent conversion done on a 22-23 series into a pickup service truck. Can't find a photo right now but maybe someone else will remember if it is posted on site or has one to share. The car has Earl C Anthony logo on the side.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 15:33
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Ross came up with an attractive cab by using the rear section of the sedan roof as can be seen in the above link. Here's a couple photo found on-line of an old-time conversion of s station sedan as evidenced by the wood tailgate and hinges. Shaping the rear quarters and tailgate metal like that of the station sedan below the belt-line and a coupe-style cab as Ross has shown could produce a pretty attractive conversion.

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  (29.99 KB)
409_54d14ea788aaf.jpg 629X410 px

jpg  (38.45 KB)
409_54d14ec12db43.jpg 630X551 px

Posted on: 2015/2/3 17:43
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

pcyco13
See User information
Thanks for all the returns and advice. Upon looking at things, a Flower Car would require a hearse or limo long wheelbase chassis. Perhaps a Packup is more in line with what I have. I'm familiar with Ross' lovely creations and love them!
My '48 is tucked in bed for the winter here in the Great White North. Pictures will come when Spring arrives. I"m a Tool and Diemaker by trade and have professional background from years past in bodywork and paint.
Forming sheet metal for a Packup won't be a problem. I just want it to look like it came from East Grand Blvd. that way!
I appreciate all the advice and commentary, keep it coming!

Posted on: 2015/2/4 6:27
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved