Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
90 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 88

acolds, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 41 120 Vent Window Rain Guards
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
I am very glad I bumped into this thread a couple of days ago as this solved a mystery for me.

I did recall seeing something similar to that part in a box of spare parts I received with my 1941 160 convertible sedan over 16 years ago. It did not seem to fit on my car, but I thought I would save it. Now after reading the thread I could not remember seeing these vent/rain deflectors on my 1941 120 coupe.

So I went looking for the parts this weekend and found them. It appears that they came from two different cars. See the photos attached.

Today I went to the storage building where I keep my cars and lo and behold the 120 coupe did NOT have these deflectors. So now I have a little project for spring.

I noticed that the part has one hole pre-drilled in it for a screw to attach it to the car. But when I looked at the window frame and the door jamb I did not see a matching hole to accept the screw. Hmmm.....so maybe it part is an option after all. Or maybe the prior owner did not know what the hole was for and filled it in when he painted the car.

Attach file:

jpg  (92.06 KB)
436_54d7e89410f5c.jpg 900X675 px

jpg  (98.02 KB)
436_54d7e8a710c79.jpg 900X675 px

Posted on: 2015/2/8 17:52
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Re: 41 120 Vent Window Rain Guards
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Darrin180
See User information
Vent window water deflectors are std. equipment on all 1938-1942 closed Packards,except station wagons. They are also used on Clippers,1941-1947 which had a different part#. Not sure if the 1938 super 8-12 or the 1939 12 used them.

Posted on: 2015/2/9 3:24
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved