Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
76 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 75

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1941 Packard 110 Trim Detail Questions
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Darrin180
See User information
Hood latch color........Over the past 65 years I have owned seven 1941 Packards that had orginal paint left in the grooves, and it was body color.You can also check the 1941 factory catalogs for the 110/120 and 160/180 which shows body color. On the 1941 110 the 110 numerals on the latch are always red....

Posted on: 2015/4/7 23:39
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

DaveMitchell
See User information
I agree with Darrin, I have had a couple of original 41s and the hood latch paint has been body color, beyond that I have about 20 sets of latches and about 3/4 of them have non black paint on them. I also did a lot of research on 41s as I was restoring my Bohman & Schwartz limo, especially looking at original cars and found them to be body color, along with the paint in the side grills. Often there is body color paint when you take the emblem off also.

Posted on: 2015/4/8 0:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
"The side grilles are larger this year and feature an unusual combination of bright chrome and body color."

Source: Packard Data Book for 1941, Page 12.

If you haven't downloaded this valuable information source from the Packard Literature and Manuals section of this website, you should.

Posted on: 2015/4/8 6:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Thank you Dave Mitchell and Darrin180. I appreciate it.

Posted on: 2015/4/8 7:14
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
thanks guys - another job on the to-do list!

Posted on: 2015/4/8 8:36
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

pack1234
See User information
i read your post about packards where you state you have about 20 hood latches. would you be interested in selling a pair, mine are really trashed with pits and unable to be rechromed. if so contact me at ejrobic@charter.net

thanks

Posted on: 2017/2/7 15:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Wow! This is the first I have heard that the side hood latches for the 120s. 160s and 180s should be in BODY color. All I have ever seen was black.

Our latest CCCA regional magazine has a 1941 160 on the front cover and owned by the past president - the hood latches are black and not ivory.

The 1941 senior brochure an authoritative source to me as: (1) it contains drawings of cars not photos of cars (2) some of the images are wrong, e.g. all the cars are shown with painted, not chrome-plated headlamp rings. Another example is that the brochure shows the rear fender welting in body color. Yet I was gigged at a CCCA judging for having body color and one judge said it should be black. That got me a score of 99.75 pts. instead of 100 pts.

You guys have seen and done a lot more than I have, but I would not mind seeing photos of some of these body colored latches,

Reviewing the 1941 photo archive here (where there are light colored cars) only two are in body color - a 180 custom-bodied Lebaron and a 120 woodie. All the rest are black.

Posted on: 2017/2/7 17:31
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved