Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
35 user(s) are online (23 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 35

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 39 40 41 (42)

Re: 1956 Clipper Hot Rod
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
I do not understand it either. I really need to sell it otherwise I would not be posting this. Out of work 2 years, have exhausted my retirement funds, the wifes 401 K will begone by the end of the year. Even if I sell this car it will only prolong things for about 4 months. My only hope, a job or the lottery..

Posted on: 2015/2/7 15:35
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
IIRC you're Cobol/CICS ??? Try state or Fed government. Many are still running mainframe LARGE systems in Cobol/Cics/DLI/DB2

Posted on: 2015/2/7 19:29
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Have tried them all. The job market is sluggish and for every job there is 300-500 resumes sent. Also they can figure out my age from my resume and I have used every trick in the book to hide it, but contrary to public opinion age discrimination is widely practiced in corporate America and almost impossible to prove.

Posted on: 2015/2/7 21:19
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well Have solved the job market for a bit. Working in Birmingham.

Also I believe I have sold the car. A price has been agreed upon and I am waiting for a check. The buyer is in Portland Oregon.

I am getting money and let's leave it at that.

ALK

Posted on: 2015/6/24 12:26
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well the car is loaded on the and on its way to Oregon. I figure I will hear from the buyer long about Wednesday, about imperfect the car is. This guy seems to be the type that would bitch about being hung with a new rope. He pays half of what the car is worth and complains because he can't do a gumball rally or the cannonball run as soon as he unloads it(a bit of exaggeration there). I make a remark about the timing being a bit off, and he starts making noises about a refund. He says I misrepresented the car. I said it ran, drove, stopped and steered. I never said it was perfect. Hell early on he asked about flying in and driving the car to Oregon and said emphatically HELL NO. Oh well I imagine maybe 1 more post from me and then this thread can be closed. I can't say I am overly distraught over this. I had a pretty good time doing the car. I truly wish I could have fully completed the car with the twin 4bbl, but cei la vie, amore, laguerre. I doubt that I will ever post another project out here again, not after all of the dire things that my dear wife said she would do to me if I ever bought another project car.

ALK

Posted on: 2015/7/26 11:19
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Al,

I have marked your Clipper Rod as "SOLD" in the Registry.

Posted on: 2015/7/26 14:58
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 39 40 41 (42)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved