Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Question about manual front seat rails.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tom Still
See User information
We pulled the seat out to repair some floorboard rust and replace the missing seat return springs. I suspect the two coat hangers tied together might not be the original connecting link. Was the original link between the seat release levers a cable or a solid wire or thin rod? I have both 3/16 aircraft cable and 14 ga steel wire available. Also, how were they terminated? I have one each or the release and return springs, I haven't found originals but found functional replacements. I'll attempt to modify them to look more correct.

When I get time, I shall document the effects of a leaking rear trans seal on the inner workings of an R11 Overdrive. It isn't pretty. Tom

Posted on: 2015/8/27 22:46
 Top  Print 

Re: Question about manual front seat rails.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
It's a wire rod, angle at one end and little screw block at the other for adjustment. Here's a pic of my 52 seat, should be the same.

Attach file:

jpg  (27.76 KB)
34001_55dfe0a027d48.jpg 640X478 px

Posted on: 2015/8/27 23:16
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved