Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
117 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 116

R H, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: cars & animals
Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Guscha,

WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY MARTEN?
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR HIM.
I DIDN'T KNOW HE IMMIGRATED TO GERMANY.
HE NEVER WRITES ANY MORE.
Now, I know why.

Yes this is precisely what BigKev was hoping for in animal power "Behind the Scenes" at PInfo Website.

I am "honored" to have given you inspiration (as if you ever seem to lack inspiration for your postings, Guscha).

The squirrel power could work BUT Marten-powered would be a definite upgrade. Ferrets and Mink might be approved accessories as engine warmers, as well. ("CAUTION: Always remove the Marten and other animals before starting engine")

(What am I doing babbling about 'weasels' on the internet. I should be out in the garage Packarding, I am sure there is something else to fix on that ancient machine. Maybe I could excavate the edges of my garage, organize tools, wash parts.)

Guscha, WE will both feel like fools if nobody else posts on this animal-powered thread.

Any Close-Encounters of the FURRY kind out there?

DanL

Posted on: 2008/11/25 20:06
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
That's amazing! Can't say I've ever had anything even remotely like that happen to me!

Posted on: 2008/11/25 20:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Bellefeuille
See User information
While my 55 Clipper Super sits in the cold garage, awaiting warmer weather and a chance to get to work on it, our cats like to sneak in and sleep on the front seat..
CAT Powered..sort of.

Posted on: 2008/11/25 20:51
Paul
1955 Clipper Super

"Your fate is just your destiny when you do not try." Cosy Sheridan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
Well this wasn't an incident with the Packard but with my wife's Fiero. Her exhaust system started to go so I replaced it with a spare system that I took from a parts car. The exhaust was under a tarp in the back yard for a year or two (Fieros have SS exhaust systems so it was still in good shape). Put the exhaust on and fired up the car - almost immediately acorns came shooting out of the pipes and soon flaming acorns started. Those firey acorns shot about 10 feet down the driveway. Got a chuckle out of that.

Posted on: 2008/11/25 21:15
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
When I found my Clipper, it had been sitting outside for many years. At some point in time, someone stole the trunk lock out of it. So the trunk was partially open for many years.

Well I towed the car home, and put in my garage at the old house. With in days, we noticed strange noises in the garage. Long story short, the family of rats that had destroyed the interior, was still in residence. My wife had bought a few glue traps, and the glue traps disapeared!

So it took a few rounds of poison to kill them all. After that I ripped out all the headliner (where they were living), and all the rest of the interior fabric since it was ruined anyway. What a mess they caused in the car.

I also rechecked every inch of the car before we towed it to our new house as I didnt want any stow-aways. But by that point we had basically "super-funded" the garage to kill anything that might be living out there.

Posted on: 2008/11/25 21:31
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Wow Guscha, leave it to U.
What a thread you started here.
Let review the progress. So far we have:

1. A Squirrel-Powered Website!
2. Guscha's Marten-launcher-Packard!
3. 55ClipGuy's "Cat-Purring-Packard!
4. Phil38's "Hot Nuts Fiero"
5. And BigKev's "Rat"-Rod Clipper.

Where is the RedRon's Packard Mascot "Dirty-Dorothy Duck" when we really need her to monitor this forum?

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn102/redron46/?action=view¤t=DIRTYDORTHY010.jpg

What's next? ANYONE? ANYTHING?

DanL

Posted on: 2008/11/25 22:21
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well it could be worse...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/37wqulCnKbE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/37wqulCnKbE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Posted on: 2008/11/25 22:37
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
Well it's not a Packard but I have a short story about a Studebaker. I found a 50 that looked from a distance to be in excellent condition. The price was right. So, I went out in the field to take a closer look. I checked under the hood, in the trunk, etc. Just as I started to open the back door I spotted a 4 foot long (to me it looked more like 10') snake going under the back seat. Let's just say I have never owned a 50 Studebaker.

Posted on: 2008/11/25 22:59
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
He was probably in there eating rats!

Posted on: 2008/11/26 0:18
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
I'm currently snap-trapping about one mouse every three days in my garage. It gets cold, they want to get warm, and we go through this every fall. I'm considering buying stock in Victor.

Posted on: 2008/11/26 8:33
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved