Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
59 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 58

29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard at Harbison Care
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
This morning I took the Coupe to the Harbison Aged Care facility at Burradoo. This is where my daughter works as a Recreation Activities Officer(RAO) a couple of days a week and she had suggested I take the Coupe along to one of their Men's Group sessions. And so it came to pass, last Friday my daughter told me it was set up for today, Monday, at 10:30am. Arrived at the appointed time and place only to be asked to move, and park the Coupe in the bus stop around the corner, and not to worry the bus doesn't come for about another hour. Moved around the corner to be greeted by the RAO, Joy, and the Men's Group of about a dozen guys. Wasn't sure what I should say or do, so regaled them with a brief outline of myself and how I came to purchase the Coupe together some of the travails and triumphs along the way. This took about half an hour during which time the bus arrived but smoothed things over by making a deal with the bus driver to swap the Coupe for the bus! Followed by a look, see and touch session with the Coupe and photo's with the Coupe for those wanting a souvenir. Was also able to provide them with the latest issue of our clubs magazine. A very enjoyable experience.

Attach file:

jpg  (49.85 KB)
226_56ca68d55179a.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (39.24 KB)
226_56ca68e3c4bed.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2016/2/21 20:56
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard at Harbison Care
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Mal, I'm sure you made their day. We used to have a car show at one of the assisted living residences. The guests enjoyed seeing the vehicles and sharing their memories with us. A most rewarding experience.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2016/2/22 11:31
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
My local mixed-make club also participates in an event at an assisted living facility; typically they get 40 or more cars, and provide free lunch to the exhibitors. And the residents vote for various awards which gives the older cars a good chance at recognition.

I've done this event for years, just one serious problem with it - the age gap between the exhibitors and the "inmates" is growing narrower and narrower!

Posted on: 2016/2/22 11:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Our lThunder Bay Antique Car Club visits one assisted living residence every month from May to September. The cars that most of the residents gravitate to are the 50's and 60's cars. Like Owen the age gap is closing in on me fast also.

Posted on: 2016/2/22 13:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
Oddly enough you're not alone in feeling that special kind of gap!
Tom

Posted on: 2016/2/22 15:52
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved