Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 102

John Iaccino, Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Transmission Swap
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Payne
See User information
Sounds interesting. There's a good chance others over here in Aus would be interested too. The concern about the push button shift also applies to me and my '56 Patrician. I'll keep following this thread to see what develops. I hope it does become a goer as there aren't many options to consider over here if the TU dies. John

Posted on: 2016/5/13 5:15
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
I don't need an adapter at the moment, but would consider stock piling one for future use. Please keep us informed.

Bernardi

Posted on: 2016/5/13 16:28
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
I looked at a 700r, I see a one piece trans, seems you would have to cut and weld. cut the 700r, and the Packard bell housing,

unless you cut the 700r back to main body, then you have to figure out the torque converter set up.

Posted on: 2016/5/13 16:44
Riki
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
JP or anyone in Oz:
How plentiful are the GM 700R4 in Oz????

Are they ez to obtain there????

Posted on: 2016/5/14 6:19
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Andrew Sinclair
See User information
I would be very interested for my '55...

Posted on: 2016/5/31 18:18
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

1SG
See User information
I would be very interested in one. What else is needed? I have a 700/R4 sitting here. Just need the adapter and parts list. What is the cost?

Posted on: 2016/6/1 10:33
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Warren Jones
See User information
Hi John. VN and I think VP V8 Commodres had them... I've already got one sitting under the bench just waiting... If the push button adaptation can be solved, I am definitely in...

Posted on: 2016/6/19 6:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
I have now had my 700r in my 1955 400 for two years and all I can say its it worked out great! The car has more get up and go than it ever did with the twin, and gas mileage really took off-In fact I drove the car from my home in Philadelphia to Hershey last October for the car show and It only took 5 gallons to get there. and that was with the mods to the drive shaft. It was worth every penny.

Posted on: 2016/7/5 7:00
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

1SG
See User information
Are you still in the works or have you gotten to a prototype stage? You are aware that the 4L60 trans starting in '98 had a removable bellhousing. There are setups to handle the electric on the transmission so as to do away with the need for a microprocessor. This might make your efforts easier.

Posted on: 2016/7/8 11:58
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

55Constellation
See User information
I'm doing the mine as a removable bellhousing 4L60 but I've also got the 700R going right now. just because of the electronics issue so it's a bolt it and go for under 500 bucks. that's my target the first prototype should be up and running in two weeks.

Posted on: 2016/7/9 22:50
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved