Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
86 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 84

kevinpackard, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Mechanical Car Wascher
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Yes, I too would be interested in the status of the book. I ordered two copies and have been waiting for about six months. Thanks.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2016/11/17 11:41
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill Clay
See User information
One wrong move of that hose assembly would result in some nasty body damage!

Posted on: 2016/11/17 15:28
"I have a great memory for forgetting things"
Lee Chan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
Speaking of books, is there any revised availability updates for your book on Creative Industries? The last date Amazon listed was January but since that estimate they have stopped listing any date.

In this day of self-published books, more and more people believe the author has control of a release date. But this is not a self-published book and the author has no control of the release date, which is set solely by the publisher. And this is a story never-before told, so the editing process to reduce it down to a size that would work for the book was substantial.

This said, the Creative Industries book is set for release in stores by February. There are several years worth of work here and a lot more years of accumulation of never-before seen photos and information. It will be well worth the wait.

By the way, behind the scenes, it is a little-known fact that car companies today are making authors pay huge sums for use of photos, including lump sums and royalty sums. People don't know this squeeze is going on now. These are the very photos once sent out for publicity purposes. Yours truly has had to go back and get re-permission to publish photos that were already sent to yours truly 30 years ago! These fees come out of the author's pocket, not from the publisher. So the investment here is a substantial one... which may never be recovered. But it is what it is. So we're both waiting.

Thanks for your interest. Again... it will be well worth the wait.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 19:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Thanks for the update and I look forward to reading the book.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2016/11/17 22:54
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: Mechanical Car Washer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
After endlessly long seven years I found a way to enlarge one of the images. Now we can see the car details.

source: Time Inc.

Attach file:

jpg  under the hood.jpg (169.24 KB)
757_64f8e8f09e760.jpg 1659X981 px

Posted on: 2023/9/6 16:02
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved