Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
73 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 71

Peter Packard, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Interior knob colors
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
I have a 1950 Series 23 Deluxe 8 sedan. The interior plastic knobs do not match. Several are white, and these were purchased to replace missing or broken knobs. I want to make everything match, but the people who sell the knobs say they are available in 'ivory' and other colors are available. What should I order?

To me the term 'ivory' means white, like the mismatched knobs I already have. One Packard vendor said the Series 23 had only one color, and she called it 'ivory'. Does anyone know the proper color?

Posted on: 2016/11/18 18:05
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Re: Interior knob colors
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I think you are going to have to determine what your colors are in the items you are NOT going to replace and then order the knobs you are replacing in something complementary or matching that color.

I believe almost all pre 51 models had the steering wheel, gear and turn signal, the knobs under the dash as well as the window handles and door escutcheon plates the same color. Here is an example of the beige offering as used in a 47 Custom. Note everything is the same and sort of light tan color. Ivory is a much whiter more of a light creme color than the beige.

I don't know who you are dealing with or even how much availability there is in knobs now that Yesterdays Radio has closed. On request, Jerry used to send out little plastic dots or color samples of his offerings. I don't know if current sellers have that as an option but maybe worth an ask. Maybe you could take a photo of what you are going to keep and email that to the vendor to see what they offer in something close.

Attach file:

jpg  (98.09 KB)
209_582f926d0d14f.jpg 1280X778 px

Posted on: 2016/11/18 18:44
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

FREDERICK E WILEY
See User information
My 22nd series has what I call an ivory colored steering wheel and all the other plastic pcs sorta match that. I think the original color changes over time due to storage and environment. It will impossible to match original pcs exactly. All would have to be purchased new from same source to get a perfect match. All plastics deteariate over time including cars from the 60's 70's and 80's. All my Packard parts are original and they have survived very well.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 19:20
Fred in Florida

1948 Deluxe Eight Sedan 2262
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Evening all...Our 1949 Deluxe is the same. All of the 'Ivory' sort of matches, or is in the same family of color, but they are not all the same shade. 'Miss Prudence' seems to have had pretty good care over her life. She has 48,000 miles on her. I just wonder if all of the stock knobs and the knobs on the extra items that were dealer installed were the exact same color. For a perfect match, one might have to paint all of the items with the same color. Someone must have a very low milage machine that can tell us if their handles all match. Ernie

Posted on: 2016/11/18 22:33
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved