Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
208 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 207

Darrin180, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Need help with id this car
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Michael
See User information
My VP here has this pic of his Grandpa and Grandma in there Packard from the 30s just outside of Bakersfield Ca. He is trying to figure out what year and details about the car? Any help please?

Thanks,
Michael

Attach file:

jpg  (72.31 KB)
27000_594025bf079f0.jpg 785X461 px

Posted on: 2017/6/13 12:49
 Top  Print   

Re: Need help with id this car
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I'm no expert whatsoever but I'd say it's an early to mid twenties runabout or roadster.
I'm sure someone will chime in here shortly with more detailed information.

Posted on: 2017/6/13 12:55
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Michael
See User information
does a 1920 or 21 runabout twin six sound right?

Posted on: 2017/6/13 14:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
Here'
s the most likely answer, from "The Old Motor"

"The Packard's coachwork is quite unusual, attractive and rare - we would like you to tell us, which coachbuilding company constructed the body and also what series the chassis it is on and the approximate year it was built. The photo, taken in 1929, is courtesy of reader William Simpson, and it shows his father and his new bride Helen in front of her house. He wrote: "My father was a car nut, and always had a Cadillac in his later years, but I'm not sure if this is one. His idea of a relaxing time was to go out to the garage (where we had a hoist) and do a valve job.

Update - Readers that have comented all agree that this Packard is a third series (mid-1917 to early 1923) Packard Twin Six. As to the coachbuilder that constructed the body, both Don Lee and Fleetwood have been identified as possibilities."

With the poster saying the photo was taken in Bakersfield CA and my knowledge of coachwork, it's by Don Lee of Los Angeles

Posted on: 2017/6/14 0:59
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved