Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
124 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Packard super 8 Serpentine Front Runner Setup
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
I think you will only have to eliminate your lower idler. You will still have, oh,120 degrees wrap on the vibration damper. Should be enough.

Posted on: 2017/6/25 18:00
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

hynesjm
See User information
OK, got my newly found front-most engine mount installed and started modifying my brackets. Looks like I'll be able to save the lower idler, but I'll have to add a gusset or two cause I ate away ~1/3 to 1/2 of the plate it was welded to to clear the newly discovered front mount.

P.S. sorry for the sideways photo.

Attach file:

jpeg  (235.45 KB)
160461_5950518da60fd.jpeg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2017/6/25 19:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
"P.S. sorry for the sideways photo."

Fixed!

Attach file:

jpg  (39.47 KB)
226_5950788d4bfcf.jpg 458X611 px

Posted on: 2017/6/25 22:02
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The interesting thing is the "sideways" photos are straight when clicked to expand to a larger size. Maybe Kev has an idea why they post sideways.

Posted on: 2017/6/25 22:14
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
It's something to do with the code that creates the smaller version for quick display. For some reason, it is misreading an orientation tag of the image from certain cameras. If you open up the photo and resave it before uploading, then that should fix it.

When you click the photo, it is showing the original photo, hence why it looks correct.

I'll take a look and see if there is an updated version of that imaging library.

Posted on: 2017/7/20 14:49
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
After a lot of looking and checking, I figure out what is going on. It's basically the browsers doing it. When an image is displayed on a web page, the browser ignores the EXIF tag in an image that camera embeds to say what orientation the camera was being held in during capture.

But if you go to the exact same image directly (like when you click on it) it does read this value and displays correctly.

This is across almost all browsers. When images are too large, I do not try to rotate them as it consumes too much server memory, which can cause issues. Some of the images are actually larger than the available memory for the server. So basically if the image is too large for resizing, and the image contains an EXIF orientation override value, then this can cause the sideways, or upside-down (aka Mal-Mode) images to be displayed when images are displayed inline on a webpage. Clicking on the affected images will cause it to display correctly.

There is an experimental CSS tag to force the browsers to honor the EXIF tag, but current only Firefox has beta support for it.

So, bottom line, if the image is showing in the incorrect orientation, just click on it. It then should display correctly.

Posted on: 2017/7/21 8:27
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i'm more interested in the FiTech setup....isn't this car a 2 barrel? FiTech only makes 4 barrel setups.

please elaborate.

Posted on: 2017/7/21 9:52
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

hynesjm
See User information
cli55er,

Nothing really special about the fitech - I'm simply going to run a 2-to-4 adaptor upside down. Well, that was the original plan at least, but I'm having interference issues with the exhaust manifold now. I think I might end up having a 4-to-2 plenum fabbed up by a welder friend that would be slightly offset to the passenger side and space the 4 barrel mounting plate up above the exhaust manifold - I'll post up some pictures when I get closer.

Anyway - back to the front runner setup, I did end up eliminating the second idler which caused me to lose some belt wrap on the crank and wp pulley, but the geometry works out so the tensioner actually does something now, and the belt wrap seems to be on par with most of the modern day oem setups I have looked at, so it should work just fine. It ran smooth and quite while I broke in the engine with the carb.

Attach file:

jpeg  (241.35 KB)
160461_59894bcc5bb15.jpeg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2017/8/8 0:27
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i guess the Super 8 has a square pattern for the carb studs? the 37 jr has a D shaped pattern for the carb studs. I had the same idea, but the D shape pattern complicates things, unless you get something custom made.

Posted on: 2017/8/9 9:38
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
i guess the Super 8 has a square pattern for the carb studs?

Rectangle, not square.

Posted on: 2017/8/9 10:14
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved