Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 154

CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'37 Packard 120 coupe on eBay
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1937-Packard-120-/122592394289?hash=item1c8b137c31:g:4EgAAOSwYS9ZY~pX&vxp=mtr

What I think is a nice Packard. Any idea how high the bidding might go? In a retail setting, what might it sell for?

kind regards
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2017/7/16 18:57
 Top  Print 

Re: '37 Packard 120 coupe on eBay
Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
There have been several early 120/six coupes on various sites that have been listed in these forums. The price range you could afford was up to $25,000 an most of these were well within that.

This car is near that already,and tjhe reserve has not been met. A few more bids and it will be out of your range so why worry about it.

As far as your question of how high the bidding will go, that's like asking how far the batter will hit a homer on his next time at bat.

Posted on: 2017/7/16 20:20
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
I saw just a few days ago three vehicles that someone found on craigslist, that look great. But, you always need an inspection from a knowledgeable person first. This one on ebay seems to be sold from a broker of some sort. Usually these people don't know the whole story. Best to have a car inspected, and better from a private seller that your or your inspector can sit down with over an adult beverage and get the whole story.
The one on ebay is bare bones, looks like the interior need some work. For me 20,000 max.
Upholstery, body work, paint are the most expensive items to be fixed on a vehicle, and most people cannot do these items on their own.

Posted on: 2017/7/16 22:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Most nice 35-37 3-window coupes bring easy over $25k, some even into the mid $30's. Maybe it's time to expand your search into the 38-42 range or different body styles.

Posted on: 2017/7/17 5:16
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
I'm not worried about. And, yes, I know it is out of my price range, but is a person not allowed to ask for the sake of asking?

I'm almost to the point where I can no longer drive, so it's really all a moot point anyway. Besides, I like to interact with other forum members--especially the ones who aren't sarcastic.

Kind regards
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2017/7/17 7:08
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved