Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
142 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

22-23 series switch buttons.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is a fellow on the PAC forum who is trying to reassemble or figure out what or where some pieces go in the switch portion of the dash.

The items mostly in question are the rectangle head pin or bolt like pieces. The photos BDeB has previously posted of the inner side of the switch assy has hex bolt type heads instead of rectangles so was there a second version or does anyone recognize where those pieces might fit? They are 1 3/16 long and have 1/4-20 threads.

The other two items are also in question. He thinks one may be part of a light and the other maybe part of the glovebox????

Attach file:

jpg  (26.31 KB)
209_59a4752c75ceb.jpg 375X500 px

jpg  (7.08 KB)
209_59a483fd7c622.jpg 320X240 px

Posted on: 2017/8/28 14:55
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 22-23 series switch buttons.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Deskdriver
See User information
HH56,
The item in the lower right corner with the wire is the glove box light switch. There should be a black switch button that turns the light off when the glove box door is closed. There is should be a light socket on the opposite side of the black button.

I have no idea what the other items are and I don't recall seeing bolts like those anywhere, but I did not completely dissemble the dash in my 23 series.

I just went out and checked under the dash, nothing strikes me I can't see how the defroster fan is mounted to the firewall though.

I can send a photo of switch mounting if needed.

Posted on: 2017/8/28 16:29
[url=http://packardinf
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Deskdriver
See User information
I was able to crop the photo of just the switch.

Attach file:

jpg  (75.40 KB)
67700_59a48d8fd9701.jpg 396X417 px

Posted on: 2017/8/28 16:39
[url=http://packardinf
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks. I'll pass the glovebox light along. The "pins" and the spring plunger like thing I am not familiar with either. I thought the pins might hold some chrome but think they are too big. He already has the hex head type screws to hold the buttons so being a second version of those is not likely either.

On that spring plunger like thing, I remember some doors had a chrome release piece on the dash to the side of the door. Pushing that released the door so it popped open. I wonder if that could be the item that does the popping.

Posted on: 2017/8/28 17:27
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
On that spring plunger like thing, I remember some doors had a chrome release piece on the dash to the side of the door. Pushing that released the door so it popped open. I wonder if that could be the item that does the popping.

Yes, the spring loaded pin is part of the glove box locking mechanism for Custom 8 models and is located behind the dash on the right side of the opening. There is a hole in the backing plate on the glove box that the pin slides into when locked.

I have never seen the threaded pins on any 22nd Series car and have no idea what they are for.

Posted on: 2017/8/28 23:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks again. I appreciate the answers and have passed them on.

Posted on: 2017/8/29 9:20
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved