Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
151 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 150

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Youngest Packard Owner/Driver
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Deven Vance
See User information
Howdy. I'm glad to have finally found a place to share my Packard interest. I believe I may be the youngest Packard owner, I'm 17 and own a 55' Super Panama I'm restoring. It's going to be my daily driver to get me to and from highschool. You older guys don't have to worry about the next generation taking up interest in Packards! I've already posted a blog on my 55', so follow there for updates. I'm interested to see if there are any other guys around my age that drive and maintain a classic Packard.

Thanks for your time!

My 55'

Posted on: 2017/9/4 15:27
1955 Packard 400 (Daily Driver)

1950 Packard Standard 8 (Daily Driver)
 Top  Print 

Re: Youngest Packard Owner/Driver
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good afternoon Devan...You are most welcome on this site. It's great to see young people interested in Packard Automobiles.

You should register your machine in the 'Packard Owner Registry' here on the site. Mal from 'down under' will be giving you an invitation in the next few days, I'm sure.

I personally think that it is very cool that you are going to drive the old girl to High School. It will be interesting to see what the young ladies at your school think of your Packard.

Ask away we're all ready to help you.

Ernie

Posted on: 2017/9/4 15:39
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Deven,
to PackardInfo. As Ernie said, I'd be on the case to get you to include your '55 Clipper Super Panama Hardtop Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry, but you've beaten me to it, so for doing that!

Bet you'll be the only one at school with a Packard!

Posted on: 2017/9/4 17:34
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Corey
See User information
Wouldn't say the youngest Packard owner i'm 16 and owned mine since 14!! I own a 1940 110 but I'm glad to hear a fellow teen owns a Packard!!!! And your lucky you can drive yours!!!!

Posted on: 2017/9/4 21:00
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
Hello Devan.
If you're looking for help having problems with a Packard, you've come to the right place!
You are most welcome.

Tom

Posted on: 2017/9/5 4:40
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning all...Now that we have Corey and Deven as just about the youngest Packard owners, will the oldest active Packard owners please identify yourselves and tell us about your Packard experiences. At 70,I suspect that I am in the high end of the middle of the pack...Ernie

Posted on: 2017/9/5 13:04
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'll be 77 in just a few months. Got my first Packard in 1958 when I was 17 and a high school senior. It was a 1941 120 sedan bought from the original owner for $25; VN 1492-11852, Chickory Green metallic over Grove Green metallic.

Attach file:

jpg  (388.34 KB)
177_59aef17ce6c5c.jpg 1469X1920 px

Posted on: 2017/9/5 13:46
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
Welcome Deven! Hello Corey! I got my first Packard at age 17, so Corey has me beat. It was a 1940 110 for which I paid $400 in 1972. First thing I did was drive it in a shake-down tour. It burned 4-1/2 gallons of oil in 200 miles. An old-time cigar-chewing Packard mechanic with his own shop let me use the place and gave step-by-step advice so I could learn and rebuild the engine. I took it to college for freshman year and next year worked all summer to pay for a new Laguna Maroon paint job. Hope you have as much fun with your cars as I have. Sorry you have to sell your 110, Corey, but those late '40s Chryslers are very cool too. Good to know young folks are taking up the cause!

Attach file:

png  (884.48 KB)
156395_59af17c4e1d39.png 954X680 px

Posted on: 2017/9/5 16:17
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I am in my 78th orbit. I grew up in a Packard dealership. My father was the Packard dealer in Santa Fe, New Mexico from 1929 to 1954.

My first Packard was a 1939 Six Touring Sedan with a 1940 front clip. We called it a "1939 1/2". The front end sheet metal was damaged when a customer who was lent the car parked it on a hill and did not set the hand brake and left the transmission in 2nd gear. It rolled down the hill and was damaged in that accident. Luckily, no one was hurt and there was no other property damage. The 1940 front clip replaced the damage one. It was the shop car and I bought it for $150 in 1956. I drove it for a couple of years in high school. I sold it in 1958 when I bought a 1948 Ford Deluxe Coupe.

My other Packards were a 1952 200 Club Sedan, a 1937 Six Convertible Coupe, a 1947 Clipper Custom Super Touring Sedan, and a 1955 Clipper Super Sedan. I still have the 115C, but the 1947 and 1955 have been sold and are enjoying life with their new owners in northern Virginia and Maryland. The 52 was bought and sold in 1958 and is long gone. I'll not take up any more room discussing these cars unless the audience here wants to hear about them.

Here is a photo of the "1939 1/2"

Attach file:

jpeg  (39.12 KB)
565_59b026ce24b37.jpeg 496X704 px

Posted on: 2017/9/6 11:27
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I am an advanced baby boomer getting ready to hit 72 and was born into a Packard family. My first Packard was a 51 400 which I sort of "inherited" in the late 50s when it was relegated to forlorn status. My grandmother had stopped driving her 51 Chrysler with power steering in the mid 50s so that had joined the stable and not long after that so did a 57 Olds. Those cars were both preferred as the grocery getters so the poor Packard sat unloved and parked at the side of the house and became mine.

Learned to drive on the Packard and when I was legal at 16 it was the drive to school car. All I can say is no car should have to go thru what that car did. With everything I did (or did not do) to the car it never made me walk. I have fond thoughts and in spite of thinking at the time of emerging V8s and hot Mopars and Chevys that even a snail could outrun it, nothing but respect for the car and Packard engineering.

Dad sold the 51 after I had left home (gave it away more likely after what I had done to it) but after school and service I finally bought my next Packard -- a 56 Patrician -- in the early 70s and have been the owner of several since.

Attach file:

jpg  (111.73 KB)
209_59b02c1a95b07.jpg 1600X1231 px

Posted on: 2017/9/6 12:04
Howard
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved