Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
161 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 161

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Songs with Packard in them
Home away from home
Home away from home

Deskdriver
See User information
It struck me today while listening to the radio, has there ever been a song recorded with Packard in it? The song can either be specific about Packard or just mentioned in the lyrics. John Lee Hooker sang about his Terraplane.

I would be interested to see the responses.

Maybe someone has an idea? I can just hear Alan Jackson or Brooks and Dunn singing a song about driving the back roads in their (whatever year) Packard.

Posted on: 2017/12/15 16:39
[url=http://packardinf
 Top  Print 

Re: Songs with Packard in them
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
There are many, just search internet for Lyrics with Packard in them.

Posted on: 2017/12/15 19:40
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
"Packard Goose" by Frank Zappa. (I guess Pelican or Cormorant wouldn't have been as punchy.) Also, "Tin Cup Chalice" by Jimmy Buffett.

Posted on: 2017/12/15 20:23
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Deskdriver wrote:
It struck me today while listening to the radio, has there ever been a song recorded with Packard in it? The song can either be specific about Packard or just mentioned in the lyrics. John Lee Hooker sang about his Terraplane.

I would be interested to see the responses.

Maybe someone has an idea? I can just hear Alan Jackson or Brooks and Dunn singing a song about driving the back roads in their (whatever year) Packard.

Dare I say that I wrote one many years ago? It has been performed a couple of times at Packard Club National Meets. The title is "Drivin' In My Packard"...

Posted on: 2017/12/15 20:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
How about a Packard jingle?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Djvvv-25v3U

And I have heard Leeedy sing his song live, probably the only song I have heard about a Packard.

Posted on: 2017/12/16 14:38
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Deskdriver
See User information
Your one of the lucky ones,LTR Decide.

I'd like to hear the song.

The jingle was interesting too.

Did check out the chords and lyrics for the Jimmy Buffet song. There is some confusion with the lyrics some have listed as Packard others have as "pack gear". But the song is about life on the islands and my guess is they are talking about a Packard marine engine on the shrimp boats.

Posted on: 2017/12/16 15:21
[url=http://packardinf
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Librettos for my song were passed out to those who attended the performances at the Packard Club National in Galena, IL and in Pontiac, MI. The only times performed in public. It was accompanied by guitar and violin and you can actually see photos of the performance in Packard Club Cormorant News Bulletins that covered those meets.

Perhaps there may yet be another performance at a Packard Club National meet sometime in the future! Thanks for your interest. And remember... "I'm just drivin' in my Packard...don't you wish you're coming with me?"...

Posted on: 2017/12/17 12:56
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved