Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
102 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 101

pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1940 160 Radiator
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

George40
See User information
I am looking for a spare radiator for my 1940 160 and found this site: www.thebrassworks.net.

The Brassworks
500 Linne Road - Unit I
Paso Robles, CA 93446

Has anyone purchased radiators from this vendor? If so, what has been your experience and are they manufactured as per the original specifications?

Posted on: 2018/1/7 14:59
 Top  Print 

Re: 1940 160 Radiator
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
When I contacted them I got the distinct impression they are professional, perfectionists in authenticity/replication, and expensive. They do not make cores. Those are done by a specialty place in the midwest or east. I ended up sending it to a local, Oregon statewide shop Mac's Radiator. Then did a beautiful job. I have a spare '40 160 radiator. It would also need to be completely redone. Bottom tank is rusted. If you're interested, my son can take more pix.

Attach file:

jpg  (118.49 KB)
1067_5a5280c621e27.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2018/1/7 15:21
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good afternoon all...Brassworks are good people. I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area and have run one of their Radiators in my 1931 Model A for 12 years. The car runs cool and no trouble with the radiator. They seem to specialize in Model A and T Fords due to the volume of cars still on the road and build radiators for many other cars as well. Ernie

Posted on: 2018/1/7 15:51
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

George40
See User information
Thanks for the feedback! It's good to know you were happy with their product.

Posted on: 2018/1/7 17:01
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
I had a bad core in a 1951 200 Packard, I was looking for a replacement radiator and in the process of discovery I called Brassworks, as stated above, this business is run by very knowledgeable pros, they do not have stock on hand, perhaps some cores/rad's for measurements but when I found that a completely fabricated replacement with new tanks was just over $1200.00 I figured out that there must be a better way (for me). I found a local radiator shop here in Vancouver, WA., and paid for a new core, my old tanks for about $800.00.

Posted on: 2018/1/8 12:25
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Deskdriver
See User information
I'm about an hour away from Brassworks and there are a lot of local guys who have bragged about there work quality. The only thing I have heard is they are slow but that could be because they are busy.

Posted on: 2018/1/8 18:24
[url=http://packardinf
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved