Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: ULTRAMATIC OIL PAN GASKET
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Nevada56Hudson
See User information
It shifts fine, it's just finding the right gear on the Quadrant. Happened before, about 20 years ago and it was fixed by Moose Motors in Penngrove California. We moved over 300 miles away to Nevada since then.

Posted on: 2018/2/16 19:57
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Dwight Heinmuller
See User information
Modern material oil pan gaskets for Packards are made by Best Gasket. They are available from Packard parts suppliers.

Posted on: 2018/2/21 16:23
Dwight
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Nevada56Hudson
See User information
That's getting vey close to figuring out the shift quadrant problem---Thanks!
Now I have a oil seal that I bought many years ago for the Ultramatic # CR 21172 and CR 18785
Anyone know what or where it goes? Checking that number on the internet , and some are for sale on e-bay, but they don't say what it is for.
Transmission is leaking where the torque tube is attached, so wonder if this is a rear transmission oil seal.( which I probably need)
Anyway, the Packard people on here have been great on helping me with this car, as the Hudson people don't want anything to do with it.
Been involved with PI for a long time, and they accept my car, and elected me President of the Northern Nevada Chapter. Packard People Are Great!

Posted on: 2018/2/25 20:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
I would say bell housing. And tailshaft.CR 18785

CR 18785..ft. Crank seal?...

Amazon...has them with specs.

Posted on: 2018/2/26 8:21
Riki
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Nevada56Hudson, as Packards with Ultramatic were all open (Hotchkiss) drive, I suspect many of us, myself included, would like to see how Ultramatic was modified for torque tube drive. Pix or illustrations from a shop manual would be most welcome.

Helped a friend pull a Dynaflow on a '55 Buick years ago; the Buick was torque tube drive also and after the job I swore I'd never again work on a torque tube car!!

Posted on: 2018/2/26 11:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Amen Owen - worked on a cousin's 59 Rambler - a real PITA.
Never had a problem with my Buick, but I didn't like the setup.

Posted on: 2018/2/26 12:55
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved