Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 213

37Blanche, Jack Vines, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: I Have A Dream....
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I had the same experience, but different brat. Kid was climbing up my door using the stainless trim for toehold. I hollered and Mother started to say something. I interrupted her and inquired if this was indeed her whelp. I suggested she take him somewhere else when I noticed her daughter swinging a wooden bead necklace near my rear antenna. I stuck out my arm and the necklace wrapped around my wrist. I threw it over the fence into the trash dumpster and suggested more firmly that she take her brood to a different location. I believe my original words were "Get the Hell out of here". She complied and I never saw them again.

Posted on: 2009/1/16 23:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I've always thought that the addition of a 12v electric fence charger would solve a lot of car show problems....

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2009/1/17 9:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Or perhaps one of these for driving off the unmanaged urchins.

Attach file:

jpg  (1.79 KB)
13_4971e954cea6f.jpg 150X150 px

Posted on: 2009/1/17 9:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
One of these towed behind your Packard would let those who run off when they see you coming know that you mean business.... I mean, why should they get away with it as long as they're in range????

Posted on: 2009/1/17 9:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
I am really shocked by the level of intolerance and violence directed towards of those not lucky enough to have been chosen as the Elite of the Motoring Brethren.

It is far too little.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 9:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Perhaps if most people who attend car shows and don't own an antique car didn't suffer from Crainial Rectosis, we wouldn't have a problem with them....

Posted on: 2009/1/17 9:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
Just in case I might have been misunderstood,I don't hold it against the upward bound kid. I'm disappointed in the parents that seem to have no understanding or even common sense and have taken little responsibility for teaching their kids.

The boy was obviously interested in cars. I should have spoken to him about respecting other peoples possessions and then proceeded to show him about the car and tried to instill in him an appreciation for old cars and, in particular of course, Packards.

I seem to remember some old timers talking about rigging a Model T Ford magneto to their cars in order to Zap anyone getting too close. I don't remember, or know, if they were just being mischievous or intended to keep disrespectful people away.But it sounds like it might work. I have a Model T, hummmm. Maybe something portable to be moved from Packard to Packard.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 10:25
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
The Ford coil to cause a shock was a old trick my uncle showed me how to do this. He installed it on his Henry J turn it on and call one of your friends over when they touch the car they complete the circuit great fun when we were younger. Now they would put you in jail or something. We must have been tougher or else had different ideas of fun.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 12:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
OK. I guess I'm an old guy. Sounds like fun to me. Especially when applied to the disrespectful.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 12:15
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I wouldn't worry about jail time, I'd just respectfully say to the shocked person, "I've been meaning to get that short fixed!"

Posted on: 2009/1/17 12:59
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved