Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
168 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 168

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25) 26 27 28 ... 35 »

Re: packards in tv and movies
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Would this car have been available to buy toward the end of 1913?

Sure, production of the 1-38 began in very late 1912 and ran into 1914. And yes, it marked Packard's switchover to LHD.

Posted on: 2018/2/8 15:23
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

StraightEights&Aces
See User information
Just seen the movie Monster Trucks and there is a 1953-54 Packard outside the gate to the junk yard.

Posted on: 2018/2/9 0:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
The latest issue of The Packard Cormorant magazine (first quarter 2018, #170) from the Packard Club includes several pages jam-packed with behind-the-scenes photos of Packard in movies. Many photos shown were taken on set during filming. Title of the article is "Packard Goes To The Movies" and shows both prewar and post war images.

Posted on: 2018/2/10 11:01
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
1913 - 1-38 - 1338 TAKE UR PICK
Factory standard would have been Nickel. Im sure u could have speced out Brass if u would have wanted. Restored one of these years back from a Barn Find original.
First self starter for PACKARD.

Posted on: 2018/2/10 14:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The 1941 Topper Returns has a mid-'30s phaeton which I'll let the experts here identify. As it pulled out of the house's garage, one could briefly see what appeared to be a work-pit which was probably more common then than it is today. At the time, it was just an old car and was wrecked at the end of the chase scene near the end of the movie with the side mount tire and both pieces of the metal cover still moving in this capture.

Attach file:

jpg  (65.94 KB)
60923_5afe367c9b866.jpg 1215X922 px

jpg  (68.76 KB)
60923_5afe368b8da8a.jpg 1212X921 px

jpg  (69.22 KB)
60923_5afe369973b12.jpg 1211X921 px

jpg  (66.39 KB)
60923_5afe36a6a9773.jpg 1212X922 px

Posted on: 2018/5/17 21:16
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
Rest easy, that Packard wasn't really wrecked for the movie. The scene was just clever Hollywood film-making. Even in '41 that car was only a few years old and still worth a bundle. Studios in those days were very cost conscious, so cars were rarely if ever wrecked in real time except maybe some really old Model Ts.

Notice at approx 1 hour and 24 minutes, there is a long cut right after the Packard skids off the road in a cloud of dust. Next time you see the car it is already at a complete stop, tilted, but not lying on it's side. A few parts are flying or falling down, but they were rigged to do so with activation maneuvers edited out. If you look closely there is no real damage to the car, just loose pieces, open doors, some dirt smudges, etc. That Packard was carefully propped up with appropriate special effects prep work and car "makeup" done before the camera rolled for the shot. I doubt even one little bit of paint was scratched.

Posted on: 2018/5/18 17:05
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
A Packard taxi in this movie
After the tennis match

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtdmbx4Ky-A

Posted on: 2018/6/2 22:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
The Pacific Auto Rentals company maintained a stable of cars of all eras for movie companies to rent, likely where the phaeton seen above came from. The company was auctioned in the 1980's, if I recall correctly.

Steve

Posted on: 2018/6/3 11:13
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave Brownell
See User information
Not quite the movies, but a part of a 23rd series Packard just appeared in a TV commercial. That doesn't happen that often, these days.

It's in a Keytruda commercial for their cancer drug: a middle aged guy is playing with his Olds 442 and his sons/grandsons. A bit later on, the hood ornament ("donut pusher") from a Packard briefly appears. If I have gotten the Series wrong, I apologize.

Posted on: 2018/6/10 9:40
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Yea Dave, I thought I saw something it also, so here's what I found.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (31.92 KB)
1003_5b1de58a50a6e.jpg 1282X606 px

Posted on: 2018/6/10 21:59
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25) 26 27 28 ... 35 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved