Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 164

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 120 Club Coupe Pics
Home away from home
Home away from home

Brian Wilson
See User information
Thanks Mal - good to see.

John Parkes restored the car when he was living in Tweed Heads. Looks like he was a member of PACA.

It's had a bit of tweaking since then, but the original work has stood up very well.

Don't know where John is now. He'd be getting on. Would love to speak with him, although Dale Collins said he had forgotten most of the details of the rebuild when they met some years ago (including the whereabouts of the data plate!).

Cheers

Brian

Posted on: 2019/3/19 18:55
1941 120 Club Coupe (SOLD)
1956 Clipper Deluxe (RHD and auto) - for the wife, or so I told her!
 Top  Print   

Re:Packard Pics
Home away from home
Home away from home

Brian Wilson
See User information
Hey Mal

I've been trying to contact John Parkes without success. Last news was he went bush up north after his wrecking yard was flooded, and lost a lot of his stuff. Apparently, he also had cancer so he may no longer be with us. His wife does not know his whereabouts.

No result yet on the engraving effort for the data plate. Very slow, not that it really matters.

I had a look yesterday at some of the cars being auctioned by the defunct Gosford Classic Car museum. Posted a note in the General part of the forum.

Cheers

Brian

Posted on: 2019/3/24 21:07
1941 120 Club Coupe (SOLD)
1956 Clipper Deluxe (RHD and auto) - for the wife, or so I told her!
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved