Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
132 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1948 Front Motor Mount
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

davegnh
See User information
Hello, I am working on replacing the water pump in my 1948, 2262. I have the radiator out and was able to remove the water pump by jacking the motor up a bit. I want to replace the front motor mount but the bolts are in there tight and I don't want to risk breaking them off. Do I need to jack the motor up more ? Any suggestions on this? Thanks for your suggestions.

Posted on: 2019/4/10 9:50
 Top  Print   

Re: 1948 Front Motor Mount
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Have you removed the bolts that hold the yoke to the crossmember?

Posted on: 2019/4/10 10:17
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

davegnh
See User information
I haven't done that, good suggestion. I will try that over the weekend and see if that does the trick. thank you

Posted on: 2019/4/10 10:42
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

davegnh
See User information
Worked on the car yesterday afternoon and was able to remove the motor mount and clean up that area. Removed the grill and pulled the distribution tube , it came our easily and was not plugged up. Over the next few days I will start the re-assembly. I am taking the radiator to a shop to have them take a look and see if it is plugged. It does not leak but since it is out I figure I should have it looked at. The water pump bearing was worn out and the car always ran on the hot side, around 190. I checked it with an infrared thermometer and didn't find any hot spots. Front to back and the radiator all seemed the same. I'm hoping the new water pump will allow it to run cooler. I will check the thermostat as well. I did replace that a few years ago. I appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

Posted on: 2019/4/15 11:26
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved