Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
49 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 49

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Body Panels
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Germer wrote:.......I'm restoring a 1954 Clipper Deluxe 2 door........David

G'day David,
to Packardinfo. Please take advantage of the Owner Registry and include your Clipper there together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it.

Posted on: 2009/1/29 22:56
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
Quote:

JeffM wrote:
Wow! I am surprised anyone is making sheetmetal like this. Wow again!

I don't know if it would be easy or not for people like C2Custom who are already fabricating, but man, would it be cool to be able to get good replacement trim moldings, either already chromed or at least smooth and ready to be chromed.

Seeing a whole trunk pan for $99 makes me think, "Wow, that's a good price for a big-a$$ chunk of metal. I wonder if the trim moldings, being so much smaller, would be lots cheaper. If so, I could see almost everyone with a non-show-ready Packard buying replacement trim on a regular basis."

There was no response, and maybe an obvious answer that I am missing. I was wondering if a company makes the sheetmetal floor pans and trunk pans, why not make the moldings. It seems the moldings would be in higher demand and just as easy (if not easier) to make.

Posted on: 2009/2/2 12:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
At least for prewar cars, Northfield Forming makes many stainless trim parts, and has for many years.

Posted on: 2009/2/2 12:11
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dave,

Can you add Northfield's information to the Directory so it's captured for later consuption.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2009/2/2 13:25
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
The trim moldings require a different process - they are roll-formed instead of stamped. I believe that the 22nd series lower ones are repro'd (Chirco perhaps). If you look for them used, the 2-dr/convt door ones are hard to come by, but the other pieces are pretty common as far as Packard parts go.

I'd like to encourage our friendly supplier to look at a patch/lower fender for the area around the wheel skirt on the 48-50's, a frequent place for rust with a curved opening that hammer and dolly hackers like me are challenged by.

Posted on: 2009/2/2 22:31
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Quote:

bkazmer wrote:

I'd like to encourage our friendly supplier to look at a patch/lower fender for the area around the wheel skirt on the 48-50's, a frequent place for rust with a curved opening that hammer and dolly hackers like me are challenged by.

Ditto on the 51-54s! I would buy them this moment if they were available! Doglegs also!

Posted on: 2009/2/2 23:19
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
I checked Chirco's website, and it seems it is pretty much all VW stuff. If anyone knows a supplier of trim for 56 Clipper Deluxe, please let me know.

Posted on: 2009/2/3 15:07
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Jeff,

Did you go to PackardPartsOnline.com? That is Sandy Chico's Packard website. But you will have to call Sandy, as he doesnt list any of the parts except for the standard service parts on his website. But he has TONS of show quality trim and chrome. Not cheap, but perfect looking. It's just not listed on his website.

Also try Mike Dulinski, Joey Ray, David Moe or Dan Yocum. They may have the trim you are looking for and less expensive prices. I belive all their contact info is in the Directory here on the website. If not it should be.

Usually as a rule, most of the vendors do not have a complete list of parts on their websites. They usually only list the stanard parts they can get more of, like service parts, or parts they are reproducing.

So if you dont see it on their website, then call them.

Posted on: 2009/2/3 15:19
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
Thanks, Kev. I e-mailed pponline. We'll see what they have and pricing. I spoke w/Dulinski. He indicated he might have some decent pieces for re-chroming. That would be my second choice, because really, aside from a few items, my chrome is pretty decent.

Posted on: 2009/2/3 15:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Germer wrote:.......I'm restoring a 1954 Clipper Deluxe 2 door........David

David,
for including the '54 in the Owner Registry. Wish you well with her.

Posted on: 2009/2/4 20:33
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved