Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

Pckrd320, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Regulator
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Brian
See User information
Hi Does anyone know if a Echlin VR-23 regulator will work on my 51-200, 288 with original 6 volt delco system? Also are there any electronic regulators that would work? Thanks

Posted on: 2019/8/13 22:38
Thanks Brian
 Top  Print   

Re: Regulator
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jason75
See User information
I may have a Delco regulator I can sell from a '52 200, PM me if interested

Posted on: 2019/8/14 0:01
1951 200 Deluxe Sedan Valiant Green Metallic
Vehicle #:2462 8372
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
Hi Brian.
My 53 clipper is converted to 12 volt, and I have been running this electronic voltage regulator for two years with good results.
I think they have a 6v version also.
clover VR

Since you asked about an electronic vr.

Hmm, I can't seem to access the clover systems website. don't know if they are still in business.

Posted on: 2019/8/14 0:28
1953 Clipper Delux Club Sedan, 1969 912, 1990 Miata, 2009 Ford S-Max.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Unfortunately Clover is no longer in business due to health issues. However, Precision Power, Inc. can restore your original regulator (and generator) to like-new condition but with solid state internals and they can even increase generator and regular output. I'm having the one done in my 1954 Patrician to 55A and a steady 7.5v at idle to handle 6V LED headlights.

Posted on: 2019/8/14 12:38
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Brian
See User information
Hi I contacted Precision and they wanted over 600 to convert regulator, more than I'm willing to spend. Does anyone have a part number of one that will work. I have been looking and I get conflicting info, one site says it will work another says it won't. I would still like to go solid state if possible and it does not have to look like original Thanks.

Posted on: 2019/8/25 11:42
Thanks Brian
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The conflicting information can come from whether you have Autolite or Delco-Remy. Be sure first which you need, then base your questions and search in that.

Posted on: 2019/8/25 11:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No, an Echlin VR 23 is not correct for your car. The correct Echlin regulator for a 1951 200 with Delco generator is a VR 57.

PS, if you can't get the correct regulator from NAPA, you might see what Kanter has. Last time I needed one Kanter was less expensive than NAPA.

Posted on: 2019/8/25 12:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Pay attention...Owen knows! He has helped me a great deal over the years...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2019/8/25 12:54
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved