Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill Clay
See User information
Saw an advertisement from Dodge or Ram trucks today proclaiming a new feature on their pickup trucks. A self leveling bed! Truely what is old is now new! :)

Posted on: 2019/10/10 16:02
"I have a great memory for forgetting things"
Lee Chan
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Every generation has their innovation... and the millennials... well they "invent"

And no.... I'm gen x

Posted on: 2019/10/12 0:23
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim in Boone
See User information
I tend to follow activities of Ram as a son uses a heavy duty pickup in his hauling business, in this case an air bag system to assist the springs after you've loaded your Packard(s) on to your trailer.

Posted on: 2019/10/12 7:00
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I had a '69 El Camino with air shocks used to level it after loading the bed. Nothing new or inventive, it's been done for decades. Packard's Torsion Level suspension was much different and innovative. JWL

Posted on: 2019/10/12 12:09
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Remember the GM cars in, I think it was 57 or 58, where they tried to match Packards self leveling with air bags. Worked so well many were recalled and fitted with conventional springs after one too many times the car was found sitting lowrider style in the driveway or would be going down the road and suddenly start scraping pavement.

The Ram claim of inventing someting is nothing new. After all, Chrysler advertised their new gas saving "invention" in the 70s right after the oil crisis. That new "invention" turned out to be a lockup torque converter. Guess no one told them Packard's Ultramatic and Stude's Automatic Drive both had that feature in the early 50s long before Chrysler. I guess it is only fitting a division of the old Chrysler now has "invented" self leveling truck beds.

Posted on: 2019/10/12 12:54
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
My 1935 has factory ride control (and no airbags). All these new vehicles come out with start buttons, Packard had that in the 30's as well. Theres nothing new under the sun; all that's old is new and what new is old.

Posted on: 2019/10/12 15:52
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved