Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: PTV's 1951 Packard 200
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
I see in the owner's manual they only recommend replacing the filter every 8000-10,000 miles.

John

Posted on: 2016/9/19 21:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
...or in most cases now, every 8-10 years. They are not expensive. Changing the filter every time the oil is changed would be a good maintenance schedule to follow.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2016/9/30 16:56
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
Yup, especially when running new oil through an old and probably dirty engine (even if not sludged up) new filters really can't hurt your cause. If we waited until we get to the recommended interval the filter will probably have fallen apart anyway.

I'm changing mine with each oil change. The good filters are Wix or NAPA Gold, or go cheap since it won't be there that long and get a Purolator or Fram on sale.

Posted on: 2016/9/30 21:04
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Maybe it is time to renew my build thread.

Posted on: 2020/3/9 11:04
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information

Posted on: 2020/3/10 8:25
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
How is the project going? Would love to see an update!

Posted on: 2020/3/10 19:15
[url=h
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
The last couple posts disappeared with the site change over.
Anyway I needed to change out a front tire that was dry rotted and would not hold air anymore. No trouble dismounting and mounting another tire I had here. The big problem was trying to get it to seat to the beads. After getting one side seated down on the rim, I was able to rest the tire on some blocks of wood and push the rim down to contact the other bead and take air.
Put it on the car and heck the right rear tire is shot too.... So ended up doing it also. Found out that the rear tire will not clear between the brake drum and the quarter panel if you jack it up by the axle. Have to raise the body.
Next day the weather went down hill...

Posted on: 2021/1/19 9:36
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
What size tire are you running? I've never had an issue on my '54 with the skirts removed. I jack using the axle tubes. I was running a 215 the radial before and it was fine. Now running an american classics radial that mimics the original size and narrow tread width.

Posted on: 2021/1/19 9:44
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
The original tire was an old bias ply with a 3 1/2" white wall 7.50-15. The tire I replaced it with is a 215/75R15, but even it would not slip in between the brake drum and quarter panel... I just mounted them on there to have a way of moving it around. Probably go with a 225/75R15 when I'm ready for new tires.

Posted on: 2021/1/19 12:54
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
If you’re keen on radials as most people these days seem to be, why not get a set in the proper size? Companies such as Diamond Back make them to specifically emulate the vintage look in both style and size.

As an aside, when I bought my 1953 Patrician, it had nice L78x15 white whites which could be removed or reinstalled but only just barely. They were very tight! Also, I have a set now of 8.5-15 Allstate Guardsman white whites mounted on factory wire wheels and even they are tight on my 1954 Patrician.

Posted on: 2021/1/19 13:40
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved