Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 143

humanpotatohybrid, Out Islander, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wiring a set of Pilot-Ray Lights
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Rich1028
See User information
Hello all,
I recently purchased a set of Pilot Ray lights and have them installed on my 1928/7 5-33. I am truly a novice at car electrical but can follow directions very well! So, the lights are installed, and I now have two wires (one from each light) coming into the dash. What do I do with the wires? Where do I hook them up? Do I hook them to an under the dash switch and then where? Car is original and equipped with a 6-volt system.
Greatly appreciate any help here....
Thank you all.....
Rich

Posted on: 2020/3/19 18:21
 Top  Print   

Re: Wiring a set of Pilot-Ray Lights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pac5
See User information
First i would make sure they are grounded. Sounds like they are doing it through the brackets. Make sure u have a ground that will not loose contact. Route wires so as not to be scaved , preferably in shielding. To a switch . Then find a power supply preferably off of direct battery. Run wire with fuse as close to power supply as posible with proper size (i assume 6v fuse) fuse . Also casing this wire.making sure switch is also grounded. Lites are 6v correct. The head light wiring i don't know if it is heavy enough to carry both plus it is probably 90 years old.so i would run individually. Good luck post pics of car and lights.

If any one see something i missed chime in.

Posted on: 2020/3/20 10:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Check the manual in the Literature section. It has this diagram and other helpful info about your 533.

https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1928_6_526-533_Manual.pdf

Looks like you already have a built in switch for them.

Attach file:

jpg  (78.89 KB)
1067_5e74dbfe8166e.jpg 856X1200 px

Posted on: 2020/3/20 10:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pac5
See User information
Oops novice openig mouth.
Better to keep mouth shut and be thought the fool than to open and remove all doubts.

Knowledge is king.

Posted on: 2020/3/20 10:22
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved