Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
125 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 124

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

23rd Series Rotating Antenna
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve Henderson
See User information
The good news is that I found the antenna mast under the front seat. The bad news is that I need some help in learning how to re-attach it. I have both a shop manual and a parts manual and can find the antenna mast in neither. Can anyone help me find a diagram or provide information about installing the mast?

Any and all help appreciated.

Steve in Indiana

Posted on: 2020/5/1 17:44
Steve in Indiana

1949 Deluxe Eight Sedan
1955 400 Hardtop
1956 400 Hardtop
 Top  Print   

Re: 23rd Series Rotating Antenna
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't know if it will be much help but here is a 40 patent with a few illustrations and an operational description Packard had on the rotary unit. Unknown how accurate the info might be as compared to your later antenna. I have never seen anything from Packard on servicing or repairing the antennas. Suspect they were either replaced or sent to a vendor who specialized in items like that if it was broken.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 423.26 KB; Hits: 55

Posted on: 2020/5/1 17:54
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yesterday's Radio had a good illustration of the assembly in their catalogs, also you can find it in an old post on this site, search for rotary antenna. Or perhaps contact the outfit that took over Yesterday's Radio (LaVine?).

Posted on: 2020/5/1 19:27
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
In answer to O_D here is the old Yesterday's Radio diagram but it only shows how the overall unit mounts in the car, not how the mast mounts to the assy.

Attach file:

jpg  (64.94 KB)
209_5eacbf7c3b33e.jpg 1278X1038 px

Posted on: 2020/5/1 19:32
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
The mast is pressed into the rotating base and there is a thin metal tape that attaches to the solid inner mast section to extend and retract it. I'm not sure exactly how the thin tape attaches to the inner mast.

Here is a photo of the base without a mast showing the thin inner tape.

Attach file:

jpg  (116.33 KB)
1137_5eacc46c58477.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (127.13 KB)
1137_5eacc4a7ee4ff.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2020/5/1 19:54
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved