Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 162

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 23 »

Re: Packard Trips
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Made it the 12 miles home without incident. The old girl ran well.

Attach file:

jpg  (354.07 KB)
769_5eacaea1dfe78.jpg 1920X1080 px

jpg  (296.01 KB)
769_5eacaec68e1c3.jpg 1920X1080 px

jpg  (380.79 KB)
769_5eacaee846875.jpg 1920X1080 px

jpg  (394.61 KB)
769_5eacaf07a0a49.jpg 1920X1080 px

jpg  (427.27 KB)
769_5eacaf1cc2d7d.jpg 1920X1080 px

Posted on: 2020/5/1 18:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
I love, love, love a '53 Caribbean! You lucky devil.

Posted on: 2020/5/1 19:11
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
Arn't we just a little crazy? We have these beautiful rolling works of art and we go 12 miles "without incident" and we are elated!

Do we need intervention??

This year for the first time I have got my car to a reliable state where I can actually go on a hundred mile trip without fear. The car made it clear what it needed to be a reliable companion, and I listened!
It has been a long road! Thank you Ross and Howard, and the recommissioning angel, John!!!!

Posted on: 2020/5/2 7:56
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Elated is a bit of an overstatement. I expected nothing less. But after almost 40 years in the hobby, I have experienced a couple of suprises. Just pleased this wasn't one of them.

Posted on: 2020/5/2 17:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Elated is a bit of an overstatement. I expected nothing less. But after almost 40 years in the hobby, I have experienced a couple of suprises. Just pleased this wasn't one of them.

Posted on: 2020/5/2 17:23
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brian Wilson
See User information
Well, today was a glorious winter's day here. Just the day for a solo outing in the 1956 Clipper.

A strategically placed supermarket bag on the back seat provided my reason for being on the road.

First port of call was the gas station for fresh fuel and air in the tires. Then onto the road amongst all the other traffic, presumably also fetching supplies.

Scratchy pic attached below. I was enjoying the ride too much to pay attention to capturing movie footage.

Covered maybe 100 trouble free miles. No I wasn't surprised - it's what I expect.

The worst part was driving back into the garage. But I know I can do it again - and soon.

Brian

Attach file:

jpeg  (262.84 KB)
191498_5eae3dd14c4a7.jpeg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/5/2 22:43
1941 120 Club Coupe (SOLD)
1956 Clipper Deluxe (RHD and auto) - for the wife, or so I told her!
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Dezi, glad to see you got the Packard out and to your home stable without incedent. We should meet up sometime once all that is going on passes.

Posted on: 2020/5/3 9:13
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidPackard
See User information
So this week it was Brand X's turn for some exercise.

I went off for a short drive and try to work on my assignment of finding the 'Two Horsepower Formation', but that didn't work out so well . . . I couldn't find them, oh well, maybe next week. I also visited Taliesin West to get some travel photos to share, but since the COVID-19 business that facility is closed until whenever this hibernation is over? Not only are the facility tours closed, but also the road gate that blocks what is essentially a ? mile long driveway. There is a good amount of elevation change on the way to the facility which results in excellent views of the Phoenix valley from the upper parking area. That's strike two on my shopping list.

I went back to get a few close-up photos of the kids (statues) playing in the pond. At least they were still there, but I seem to remember a curious little girl and a frog at the water's edge. Either my memory is slipping, or she's missing . . . along with the frog ??? I did ask a resident walking bye, but he didn't know what might have befallen the pair. Perhaps they're in the community's meeting room practicing social distancing.

It's warmed-up about 10-15 degrees from last week. Peak temperatures were 100-105?F this past week, with a forecast for the up-coming week slightly warmer. Atmospheric humidity remains a concept, not an actuality. I did get the impression that less folks were out exercising . . . perhaps too hot to exercise. At least the pool water is approaching triple digits, so it's save to take a dip. With the warmer temperatures I'll head-out an hour, or so, earlier to search for the two horses.

See attached PDF file for some photos. Page one are several shots just driving along the same road as last week, but in the opposite direction. I included a few shots of my favorite 'traffic calming feature' along with skid/scrape marks curb at the circle's exit. Seems Brand X's speed is low enough to see a lot more detail on the drive. I'll keep my eye on the shrubbery, and note if any are missing. Page two includes the 'kids playing in the pond'. This whole mess may also be a fountain. If it is, I'll check around to get some idea of the hours of operation.

dp

Attach file:

pdf Size: 1,191.34 KB; Hits: 94

Posted on: 2020/5/3 16:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Thanks Tom. Maybe you, me and Big Kev can get together for a socially distanced meet up when the governor allows. How's Old Bessie?

Posted on: 2020/5/3 18:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Dp,

I love your excursion photos. Keep 'em coming!

Posted on: 2020/5/3 18:57
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 23 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved