Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
93 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 92

Frogmagic, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Interesting 1934 Eight
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
http://www.significantcars.com/cars/1934packard14/

There has been many statements that Eight's only came with Plated Shells. From the surface rust on this shell it appears it was originally painted. Believe its a repaint with the single striping. Red paint on louvers factory ?

Also ive seen that added instrument panel on few other '34s over the years. Was it a J.C. Whitney ?

Posted on: 2020/6/17 9:54
 Top  Print 

Re: Interesting 1934 Eight
Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Definitely a repaint. The car was originally grey, or light olive green, with a white/ivory double pinstripe.

Posted on: 2020/6/17 14:50
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
What's up with the added instrument panel?

Posted on: 2020/6/17 15:05
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Never found a verifiable period picture of a 9th, 10th, or 11th series production eight cylinder car with that supposed option.

Lots of V-12's with plated shells, lots of eights with chrome shells and shutters, blackout town cars with all chrome parts painted, and one hard to judge picture from California with painted shutters and a possible painted shell, but very hard to judge. That one would have thus been done by the dealer. One Waterhouse Eight Deluxe apparently had a painted shell and chrome shutters, but no period picture exists.

When looking at a weathered car as shown above looking inside the shell usually shows no evidence of paint.

At present I have found an archive of 3.5 millions photos. It will take a long time to plow through that stuff. If I ever find one I will offer it up as proof that so and so's car is the only one ever made like that.

Posted on: 2020/6/17 15:56
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
Know of a CR in Calif with the exact optional instrument panel and believe ive seen one on the Web with it - maybe this subject CR. So someone was Mfg and Selling.
NOTE the way the shifter clearance cutout is the PACKARD Oxbow. Not something u would c on a backyard thing.

Posted on: 2020/6/17 16:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I know metal fabricators that could crank that out with dispatch. Given the car has only two fuses - one for the lighter, and one for everything else - what are all of those buttons for? Better yet, ship it to Rabble Beach and have the Keno Brothers call it legit.

Posted on: 2020/6/18 17:58
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved