Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
124 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 123

Tom (Packin31), more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Simple solution for tunes in the Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Brian Wilson
See User information
That's interesting. I have not tried the Bose player in a car. Maybe it's not really up to that environment and as you say charging is still an issue. I was struck by how many people chimed in on your post re music in a Packard. A lot of us think the same way, perhaps.

Your mini power module sounds like an excellent device for the older cars. There is a company here in Australia (Jaycar) which sells similar stuff but you need to know what you're looking for. It sounds like your place also gives good advice.

After we started talking about this, I discovered that my JVC player has several USB ports (mostly for charging) but can take a memory stick with music on. Haven't tried that yet, but sounds very convenient.

Cheers

Brian

Posted on: 2020/8/29 18:58
1941 120 Club Coupe (SOLD)
1956 Clipper Deluxe (RHD and auto) - for the wife, or so I told her!
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
I like the old standby, when the kids were younger we would sing Roger Miller songs. They thought it was great and my wife looked at us as if we were nuts. But sad to say the kids are older and not as much fun.:^(
Wes

Posted on: 2020/8/29 19:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
When they got to talking about anything newer than a vacuum tube, they lost me.....

Posted on: 2020/8/29 20:25
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

TimE
See User information
A few years ago I had a 1938 Buick with the tube radio and I came across a schematic that showed how to install a 3.5mm switched audio jack inline with the the detector tube circuit(I think detector). I performed the modification while I was re-capping the radio and it worked awesome. I was able to plug in an iPod and hear modern music through the original radio. What made it especially fun for me was downloading period radio shows and music for car shows. The jack allowed the input cable to be removed, restoring AM reception. I plan to do this same modification on my 41' Clipper radio when I re-cap it. I'll try to find the schematic and post it here.

Posted on: 2021/1/27 15:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
I just take my phone and a really nice bluetooth speaker. I usually play songs from the 40's as I think my 47 Clipper likes to relive the salad days when she was a Grande Dame (and still is to John Lawrence and I!)
NOTE:
Salad days refers to the period when one is young and inexperienced.
"the war seemed to be ending and so were my salad days"
Also the peak or heyday of something.
"journey back to the salad days of the railways"The phrase "salad days" became popular only from the middle of the 19th century, coming to mean “a period of youthful inexperience or indiscretion." The metaphor comes from Cleopatra's use of the word 'green' — presumably meaning someone youthful, inexperienced, or immature!

Posted on: 2021/1/27 18:22
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved