Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 110

TxGoat, humanpotatohybrid, kevinpackard, pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 20 21 22 (23) 24 25 »

Re: Wes's Maroon 1947 Custom Super Clipper
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Just the boot as Packard called it. I think the more proper function is combination cushion and air seal. IMO, Steele's item did not last very long before it cracked into two pieces where the bellows flex but maybe their rubber formulation has gotten better in the years since I bought mine.

If the clutch pedal scrapes the sides of the opening in the floor plate that is due to wear in the bushings or on the shaft most likely due to no lube reaching the pedal from the single grease fitting far away on the brake side end.

Posted on: 2020/9/20 11:21
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
Wes: the green clip looks like the clip that holds the upholstery piping on the windshield trim. If you have sloppy side to side play on your clutch and brake pedals i have a set that has bushings on a new shaft. If I remember I will check on the clip.

Posted on: 2020/9/20 19:35

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Dell, after looking at my spare Backup Light. I notice it has three wire spring clips in it where this one has only two. So I'm wondering if someone didn't stick this clip in there to make up for the missing clip. So pulled a spring clip out of the spare and putting it back together.

Howard, it looks like I need to take the carpet up again. I'm hoping it is just that I didn't get the panel on correctly because I didn't have this problem before. But I do need to look into it. I'm just surprise about how it does slap the underside of the floor when the pedal unsticks. Once I get the pedal from sticking then I probably won't notice it anymore.
As always, Thanks for the help guys!
Wes

Posted on: 2020/9/21 19:14
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Fixed the Clutch Pedal hanging up, found I had the plate to low down. Loosened the screws and slide the plate all the way up. All better now.
Also cleaned up the Backup Switch on the column, Backup Light works now.
The photo below was taken when I first started taking it apart and in it you can see how the plate was up as high as it could go.
Thanks guys for all the help.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (341.61 KB)
1003_5f6bf07505ca1.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/9/23 20:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Well, with the sticking Clutch Pedal fixed. I took it out for a spin. Next project why so much play in the Steering Wheel. I'll probably watch Mark Lamberts video on him adjusting his steering on his 39 Packard to give me some ideas as to what to look for.
So it looks like I'm moving ahead, I also noticed a few more items to look at but first the steering.
Wes

Posted on: 2020/10/4 9:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Jacked up the front end, trying to figure out why the steering feels so loose. couldn't find any play in anything. Talk to my older brother and he suggest to check toe-in. So I guess that's my next step.
While the front end was up greased around 12 points, had a couple fittings that wouldn't take grease, so for now swapped out fittings until I can get some new ones. Also packed the bearings while there and cleaned up the drivers side brake. Look like a little something wet on it, so took my blow torch and burned off the pads and wiped down everything. That made a big difference, stops pretty straight and no lock ups.
Tried the Overdrive today, no go. Grounded pin 5 and could hear the relay click.
Found Kick-Down Switch wasn't making good contact. Jumper it out and went for a spin. Saw the green light come on after I got above 25 MPH, shifted into third but I don't think it went into Overdrive.
Back at the house, had my son ground pin 5 on the relay while I checked the solenoid on the transmission, it clicked. So I guess I'll have to check some more.
Hopefully one of these days I'll be finished.
Wes

Posted on: 2020/10/8 20:25
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Then you won't have anything to do....

Posted on: 2020/10/9 8:47
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Nice, then I can drive it.
Wes

Posted on: 2020/10/10 9:47
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Finally cleaned and reinstalled the Overdrive Cut-Out Switch. Still need to check it out. But since the Speedometer is sticking and not reading correctly at times. I figure this would be a good time to clean and lube the cable.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (141.09 KB)
1003_5f921bd973f2d.jpg 1920X933 px

Posted on: 2020/10/22 18:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Noticed I'm having a problem trying to start after it gets up to operating temperature. Starts fine when cold and no problems cruising down the road. So after a little research on this Web Site, I thinking maybe it's a vapor lock causing the problem. When the carb was changed out by the previous owner, he used a copper line. So I'm replacing it with a steal line with a heat shield. So once I get the cables cleaned and lubed I'll see what happens.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (240.91 KB)
1003_5f921e01dff47.jpg 1920X933 px

jpg  (218.03 KB)
1003_5f921e1cde50a.jpg 1920X933 px

jpg  (216.37 KB)
1003_5f921e377f1a8.jpg 1920X933 px

Posted on: 2020/10/22 19:05
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 20 21 22 (23) 24 25 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved